hi, just joined up,

never really owned a starley, but i just got hold of one recently, just for racing,

i quiet like them, their small, easily monuverable, nippy, so i got hold of a cheap one and i wana strip it out and use it for racing,

got a ep91 glanza with 80kilometers on it, but i wana do a major overhall on the car,

i wana strip the car COMPLETELY, no interior, custom or aftermarket body kit (lightweight use or areodynamic use), i wana install a bigger engine aswell, but im still deciding on what to put in, any ideas??

because im new to glanzas i dont kno what interchanges aswell, so i would need some help,

bigger brakes, new upgraded suspension, fibreglass doors with plastic windows, rollcage, carbon fibre bonnet, everything in this car will be aftermarket or overhauled and im looking forward to it,

giv me some tips or pointers, especially which engine would go in easiest and most performance, thanks.

hi mate welcome to the club, plans sound awesome it would be cool to see a thread on a complete track beast

the 4efte is pretty good and can see upwards of 250bhp but if you wanted an engine swap the only feasible option would be to plant a 5efe in there and turbo charge it.

Dave at starletgtturbo, Toby at toytuning, or rhdjapan will be some of the best sites for parts and bits.

Welcome....wow some big plans there bud, where you from?

As for engine personaly? i`d stick with the the FTE anything else you have to have deep pockets for as it would be custom fab work i read 2.0 lump would cost ~£10k to get running right....there is alot of power to be had frm the FTE but everyone has there goals some 180,200,300,350.....

what you driving currently?

im from lancashire,

i currently drive a honda, got a few modified civics, got a race build one in the making aswell, same thing that im doing to the glanza,

custom fabrication isnt a problem for me as my uncles got a garage and they do all sorts of work like that their,

got access to all scrapyards and stuff so engines and stuff wont be a problem and cheap aswell lol

so what 2.0 engines could i use, and where can i get a 5fte engine from,

Assuming you want to stick with a Toyota engines the easiest options are:

- stick with the 4EFTE, decent power can be had out of them

- upgrade to a 5EFE (1.5) and turbo it, or one step further the 5EFHE

Or if you fancy doing a bit of hard work:

- swap a 4AGE 20v in there (1.6) they have around 160bhp as standard and some come with ITB's

- 4AGZE or 4AGTE, the 4AGZE is a slightly different version of the 4AGE with a supercharger, but you could change to a turbo

- and being silly now you could use a 7AFE bottom end (1.8) with a 4AGE/GZE top end

- and another option is the 3SGTE engine (2.0) which is found in the MR2 turbo and Celica GT-Four.

So to answer your question "what 2.0 could I use", you'll want to be looking at a 3SGTE swap.

But really a 5EFTE with a fully forged rebuild, some headwork, and a decent turbo setup should easily give you "enough" power.

Stick with the 1.3 or put the 5efe 1.5 bottom end on it for more torque -_-

Your going to promote understeer putting a 2.0l lump over the front wheels

Sounds interesting, hope you can get all the info you need :lol:

Welcome to UKSC

prob want round 400bhp, if im gona spend soo much time and effort to do this car then i might aswell achieve something extreme, but im still looking and like i said im new to the starlet and glanza game,

still thinking on what to do, i prob think 400bhp is too much for such a light car, but then al just put huge tyres on aswell, lol

whats the 5EFTE engines like, ive just found out that theirs a full engine already turbo'd in the scrapyard, how much should i be paying for it, with all the ancilliries and everything, and will it bolt straight in with the 5efte engine mounts??

^^^ indeedy even rick himself said he could get more but there isnt any point as it's just turned into wheelspin or will ruin the handeling of the car.

350bhp as been acheived with a modified 4efte aswell! so the engine is plenty up to the job of big power :lol:

ok that makes more sense, as toyota never made a 5efte,

to use the 5efe you would need custom rods and pistons, and use the 5e block, the rest of your stuff you can use from the 4efte.

get some pics fired up of your ride when you can