clutch and gear change problems

right about 2 months ago i fitted a new clutch at work with my boss. well he did it mostly i watched lol.

anyways im having troubles its a exedy standard replacement however since doing it ive gt a really harsh pedal feel and now the clutch pedal almost makes a rubbing sound and squeks and it is the pedal making tht sound, but have no idea what is doing it so if anyone could help?

also first gear makes a bad whining sound at low revs at biting point but also makes a horrible "burning plastic" sort of smell( only noticable when parking and out of car) but is a right pain in the arse as new clutch and stuff and expected it to be fine and just doesnt feel right. doesnt slip or anything but im comparing this to a worn clutch before so...

also another big problem is the gear change feel is soo clunky and horrible its just wrong. i also have real problems changing from second to third where it wont go into third. have to bring it back then put it back in. is gettin very bad.

i know its a lot of writing but my mot is coming up and reall need to sort these things out before hand

also its a uk n/a

any help appreciated

cheers

sam

hi thanks for the reply.

yer the release bearing was changed, brand new one but no the flywheel was not skimmed. what would this do. this is my first car and im still learning :lol:

but i also think theres a problem with the pedal, but was no problem with it before i dont know just feels and sounds from clutch pedal however the harshness must be something else i thought.

cheers

sam