dude, made a bit of a cock up, if you see the hks above that glanza cl has posted, thats the stock pipe and the hks, i didnt think the hks would fit it but obviously it does, sorry bout that, you dont need the 25mm pipe then, you can go fit it now even with out that pipe

Cal

i no was just being sarcastic lol,

it's not to bad if the turbo was top mounted as dirt wouldn't be as prone to being sucked into the turbo but being located down closer to the floor it's inevitable really, no harm in a filter better to be safe then sorry imo

What would you block the pipes with?

Might try it on the weekend :thumbsup:

the small pipes a screw, the top pipe just get a rocker cover breather or oil catch can.

the hks full kits come with an adapter which you can see in the pic i posted up

which bit? if you keep the tmic the bov has to connect to the bov port on the tmic?

i'm not 100% what pipe you mean lol

ooo do you mean to run no bov?

if so just find a big bolt lol it's only 25mm wide i think or get a fmic lol

Its nothing like that Glanza_cl its simply the fact that there are small particals of sand/drit/stone in the air. You may think that "stones won't go threw the mesh" but its the fine hard fragments which damage the blades and the housing of your Turbo. Before you tell me I'm wrong, I'm an engineer, I work with centrifugal pump equipment for the gas/oil and water industry. They are pretty much massive turbo's for fluid. The clearances that they are made to are TINY. Its the same with Turbo's on cars.

Cal, don't preach bullshit theory's on a board where people need advice. If you are doing it cause it looks "cool" cause you see it on T88'd Supra's and big single turbo Skylines, but these are show cars and never see the road like that.

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/ << Have a good read at that.

And if that doesn't scare you into running with an air filter try this pic, this is what happens when your a mongo and have no filter on your turbo.

DSCF6483.jpg

can i get you the cheque the cal ? seeing as rubix cube has finished serving you :thumbsup:

not bothered lmao, im meshing mine either way, never run with a filter, if it fucks up get another for £60 odd, ive blocked up my bov too, screamer pipe, meshed, and no bov... lush