help and opinions needed dials & guages colour

hey everyone

I recently got a set of starlet dials in a breakers and I want to mod them a bit(I'm using a spare set so

I can take my time with it),

I would like to change my illumination to a blue LED kinda colour.

I was thinking of looking into fitting some led's into the actual body of the dials ( I mean more leds and therefore a brighter and more even result ) instead of the less then brilliant led bulbs.

Now I want peoples opinions and interior photos if you have em of those of you who have added gauges and or changed the colour of your dials so that I can get an idea of the colour and look that I could expect to achieve.

thanx in advance for any help

Possibly be able to get a picture of mine tommorow morning, mine are paseo dials with standard bulbs painted red with glass paint. So basically orange with red needles.

cheers mate

ya that would be great

I tried blue glass paint also but i wasn't very impressed in the results ( the light was very weak), maybe the paint was too dark.

ya I wanna paint the needles red. been having a nose at the spare gauges I got, should be able to remove needles and gauge faces and mount the led's behind the faces I'd say.

cheers mate

ya that would be great

I tried blue glass paint also but i wasn't very impressed in the results ( the light was very weak), maybe the paint was too dark.

ya I wanna paint the needles red. been having a nose at the spare gauges I got, should be able to remove needles and gauge faces and mount the led's behind the faces I'd say.

wach when you do this as you have to F*** around with reseting them after and it can be a pig

my needles messed up! tintin how did u reset them? keep taking them off n putin it back on the spot where u think is right?lol.. my petrol needle sticks at the 1st line lol.. ran out twice. took it off again, n it went back to the same spot. trial and error i guess?

thanks for the heads up tintin sr, I hope the get the temp and fuel needles on ok (my fuel gauge is wrong most of the time so i take no notice of it any way) its just the speedo needle im worried about really, thus im using a spare set...

Mattgt those dials of yours look really well, is the speedo easy to read ?

I got Paseo dials with blue LED's. looks good, you can get the LED's from ebay, test them before you put console back in. one of mine didnt work because it holder was wrong way round. so i had to take the whole thing back out to correct it.

If you remove the speedo needle, DONT PUSH IT IN TOO DEEP. i made that mistake and when driving i noticed needle would get stuck on the way down at 10 or 20 mph. To avoid this happening when you put needle back, is test it by taking needle round to 100mph or watch is come back round to 0. do this a few times with your finger and make sure there are no jerks or anything, it should be smooth

bit stupid of me not test in first place but i thought it didnt matter what way you put the LED holder back in. LOL.

GOOD LUCK MATE.

my needles messed up! tintin how did u reset them? keep taking them off n putin it back on the spot where u think is right?lol.. my petrol needle sticks at the 1st line lol.. ran out twice. took it off again, n it went back to the same spot. trial and error i guess?

yer Pruitt much? with the fuel, White tell the light cums on as it is dun by a senser in the tank then just put the needle on at just be for nothing

the temp... let it tick over for a bit like 20min or so ? or tack it a drive tor 15min then let it sit for a min so it is running at normal operating temper then fire it on in the middle of the scales. its not a Prussian instrument anyway, if it goes up its not right lol

as for the speed you need to set it to a point wear it will rest at 0 then i got it to sit at 60mph on the sat nav and 60 on the dials that way its spot on wear you need it

the rev gage needs putting on at the right point to, you can mack a note of wear it sits on idal then put it back on? or you can set up an external taco and set it to that or you can fire it on and hope for the best lol i wood go with the mack a note one thow!!

i wood not advise moving the speed with you fingers or eney of them for that as there is a spring in them and this can get F***ED form moving it the wrong way from what it is meant to!!

hope this helps

out els just ask

Thanx Tintin, sum sound advice there.

After hearing that i mite see if i can do what i want while leaving the speedo needle in place so I wont have to worry bout that being messed up.

oh theres a point if you just want to pant then you cooed always just slide paper under then that pant then when thy are still in