hey guys put a post up about a week or so ago...was driving down the motorway about maybe 90-100mph as was overtaking (wasnt ragging it) pulled back in and came back down to about 75-80mph then as i went to overtake again there was no boost at all and i struggled to get over 80MPH!!!!.(it was raining at the time and there was spray everywere)....have had a good look at the FMIC pipes and connections there was one loose/off so i took the bumper off and went round them all and tightened them all up and checked them all....put the front end back together and took it for a quick spin, but still yet no boost.. :)

i also checked the actuator and the pipe on it but there all still fine and in place.

anyone got any other ideas as to what could be causing this? really starting to annoy me ;)

could spark plugs cause loss of boost??...

not got a bov just a standard set up but yeah i checked all of them today took them all off and put them all back together and made sure everythin was all tight...but sadly still no boost!! :)

just going to try re-set the ecu see if that helps?

excellent thank you very much :) i will be going to halfords tommorow to buy a spark plug socket and a new socket set as some pikey nicked all my tools!! about £350 worth!!! GRRRRR

it doesnt have a missfire when running but if i have it in neutral and hold the rev's at approx 4k rpm then there is a wee missfire there but not when driving?? there was a missfire a bit ago when on high boost and at low revs but it seemed to disapear?

Did you make sure that there were no rips in the joiners?

Over haul the ignition system, just for peace of mind.

Check the shaft play in the turbo, if its excessive then this could be the case.

If not, then it has to be something simple, like a tear in the vacume lines somewhere.

What actuator are you running?

Did you make sure that there were no rips in the joiners?

Over haul the ignition system, just for peace of mind.

Check the shaft play in the turbo, if its excessive then this could be the case.

If not, then it has to be something simple, like a tear in the vacume lines somewhere.

What actuator are you running?

removed all the spark plugs, they were a bit black at the tips so i cleaned them but still no boost!....can really get to all the joiners will get the car jacked up 2moro nyt or wed nite....

what you mean overhaul the ignition system>??.

how can i get into the turbo to check that??

where are the vaccum lines?

just running the standard actuator but i have always run standard boost...?

cheers

Ive replyed to your PM.

As for over hauling the ignition system, put new parts in there, Plugs, leads, Dizzy cap and Rotor arm.

Its a possibility the standard actuator diagphram is ripped, but im positive you have a burst joiner somwhere.

Take them all off, and check for tears.

a little update on the problem,

replaced all the spark plugs with new toyota genuine ones and also a new oil filter and new oil, got it all done and still no boost??? :D its idleing beter but unfortunatly still no boost...

found a vacuum hose with a fair sized split in it so taped it up with insulation tape to see if that would maybe help us identify the problem but no!...

really staring to worry/annoy me now lol......anyone else have any other ideas as to what the problem could possibly be??????

cheers

does it come onto boost at all? as if you have the standard actuator like said above the diaphragm inside could have torn, so there is no pressure in the actuator so it isn't doing anything,

perhaps try replacing it with another standard or uprated hks, toytuning one.

does it make any specific noise when coming onto boost or does it just sound like normal except without the turbo spooling?

also sorry forgot to add in the last post.....dunno about your guys glanza's but when in netural and rev it upto 7k it should 'bounce' off the limiter?? mines does not bounce it was just sitting at 7k and not bouncing? anyone know why this would be?