Door Handle has snapped!

Went to my car this morning and the door was welded closed due to ice.

In am attempt to open the door i snapped the door handle off!

Anybody know the best place to get a replacement/ can recommend breakers , dealers etc.

dont really want to go to Toyota as im sure it will be a bomb for a cheap part.

Thanks

Adam

lol.. am i glad im not the only 1 who has done this.. my drivers side was stuck so went around and tried the passenger side handle and snapped completely in half.. I think we need to buy a full door handle. Sheekey has them on the traders bit mate :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Went to my car this morning and the door was welded closed due to ice.

In am attempt to open the door i snapped the door handle off!

Anybody know the best place to get a replacement/ can recommend breakers , dealers etc.

dont really want to go to Toyota as im sure it will be a bomb for a cheap part.

Thanks

Adam

Hi Mate,

Same thing happend my starlet (97) i done some research in to it and found that it's a fault with all toyota starlets mainly from 1996-1998 that the handle's were cheaply sourced,i didn't want to undertake the job of replacing it myself so went to toyota and it cost me 150euro+VAT to get it fixed costing 50 for patrs and 100 labour, complete rip off but a job well done :p

Hi Mate,

Same thing happend my starlet (97) i done some research in to it and found that it's a fault with all toyota starlets mainly from 1996-1998 that the handle's were cheaply sourced,i didn't want to undertake the job of replacing it myself so went to toyota and it cost me 150euro+VAT to get it fixed costing 50 for patrs and 100 labour, complete rip off but a job well done :)

F*** ME! you got a good raping there bud, i got a new handle from a scrap yard and it took 10 min to fit, in all it cost me £1 for parts and a cut hand for labor

F*** ME! you got a good raping there bud, i got a new handle from a scrap yard and it took 10 min to fit, in all it cost me £1 for parts and a cut hand for labor

:) Pure recession beating value that was mate, fair play to ya,

i was afraid to touch it because of the springs and stuff :p

:) Pure recession beating value that was mate, fair play to ya,

i was afraid to touch it because of the springs and stuff :p

lol na the springs are part of it and no way thy can get out unless there fooked