Hi everyone..

got a bit of a problem..well more of an annoyance..

I've read about n i know that the Glanza will usually idle about the 900rpm mark when warmed up but can i raise that a bit as it shakes the cabin/steering wheel etc.

If you stick your foot on the accelerator slightly and raise the revs to about 950-1000 its fine and stops shaking?

Is it possible or will i have to just live with it?

I'm not sue when it was last serviced..i dont think it was to long ago.

If i service the ignition parts and still have the problem how do do i raise it using the idle control valve? (if not a clue what/where it is lol :surrender:)

• 4 weeks later...

Problem solved..turned the idle control valve up a little. well after i managed to find out where it was lol

For peoples future reference..its on the top left hand side of the inlet mani. Under a little circular piece of black rubber.

Not sure if they are all then same (shud imagine they are) but its just a flat head screw.

Can get a pic if people want?

• 7 months later...
Problem solved..turned the idle control valve up a little. well after i managed to find out where it was lol

For peoples future reference..its on the top left hand side of the inlet mani. Under a little circular piece of black rubber.

Not sure if they are all then same (shud imagine they are) but its just a flat head screw.

Can get a pic if people want?

Hello mate, can i get a pic please, I'm not sure if i was fiddling with the correct stuff lol

• 2 weeks later...

Had a few things to sort mate this evening and its to cold n dark to go n get a pic.

I will get one for you though.

But if you look at the top right of the inlet mani the is a black circular piece of rubber about 1cm wide take that out n theres a flat head screw there..just warm up your engine the might slight adjustments to that.

Cant remember which way is which though lol

still not really problem solved though lol will still be shakey when its ideling where it should so would ya not be better changing ignition parts and mounts anyway and puttin the idle back where it should be. just my opinion though :unsure:

Russell

^^I'll get one inabit for you mate, as i'm taking some snaps anyway :D

Just a though, wht starlet do you have?

If you have an N/A/GT it might be in a different place.

EDIT: just looked througha a couple of your posts..you have a Glanza right?

It's at the same place for all ep82 and ep91. It's not recommended to play with the idle valve though! I would advice you to check the engine mounts instead and change those ignition leads and spark plugs :D