Safest, cheapest way to around 200bhp?!

200bhp is not cheap! i'm trying to reach it and have spent a bomb!

it can be done quite cheap, you would need:

Hybrid

FMIC

manifold

decat

exhaust

fcd

rrfpr

SAFC

uprated fuel pump

" clutch

that might reach 200 at a push, but that's without engine going wrong other car costs, maintenance blah blah blah

if you can source all second hand then that would cost to much

but that would not be a very nice car to drive, uprated leads, clutch, good service, short shifter, alloys, suspension, brakes are what makes a car nice to drive.

but that list would give good power none the less

I agree with the above. Its not all about bhp, its how the car drives too!

If you want a guaranteed 200 bhp, go for a TD-04. Thats by no means cheap though.

I have a hybrid which feels very quick, but the most I've had bhp wise is 182 out of it with 200 ftlbs. An emanage tune will probs squeeze that 200 bhp but thats pushing it. If you want more you need to use more boost which is venturing into the danger zone after 1.1 bar on stock internals.

There is no easy way of saying this, but there isnt such a thing as a cheap AND safe way of gaining 200 bhp on the 4e, you have you get your wallet out, plain and simple.

Cheers for that...i know this all depends on the car etc...but if you had a pretty solid engine to start with and put the boost up to 0.8bar, fmic, decat, manifold and 3" jasma catback what sorta power would u expect? around the 160's?

Cheers for that...i know this all depends on the car etc...but if you had a pretty solid engine to start with and put the boost up to 0.8bar, fmic, decat, manifold and 3" jasma catback what sorta power would u expect? around the 160's?

yeah if the fueling is ok i would expect around 150-160bhp

tryed and tested u will need

good hybrid turbo

free flow manifold

de cat

good exhaust system

good air filter system

hks fcd

rrfpr

fmic

uprated actuator

uprated fuel pump would be a good idea and a good clutch too

run 1.1bar of boost u should see 200 pritty easy with a good set up imo no need for a safc

tryed and tested u will need

good hybrid turbo

free flow manifold

de cat

good exhaust system

good air filter system

hks fcd

rrfpr

fmic

uprated actuator

uprated fuel pump would be a good idea and a good clutch too

run 1.1bar of boost u should see 200 pritty easy with a good set up imo no need for a safc

people tend to run super rich in that set up and potentially can loose power by running to rich i just said a safc as if needed you can trim down the fuel level...but as stated isn't 100%needed just gives you more options for adjustability imo

if you want a super 'safe' map just get an emanage or uni chip

agreed, i run a similar setup with good results, yes it runs rich at idle but everywhere else the tune is spot on.

a piggyback or standalone ecu is a better bet though, and something i will be changing to in the near future

Buy things second hand it worked for me! got TD04 mani fmic etc with radiator 520quid or something all from separate sources. Already had fueling though! but the bargains are when people decide to strip their cars. Got the basics that it would run on and then collected the extra's to get it where it needed to be. Setting it up will cost in excess of 250 quid for just a fuel computer - emanage or equivalent can be double that. hybrid would be an easy option but depends how you want your car to make 200bhp! I prefer the TD04.