Hey to every 1 wid a carb engine. this guy i know has an old mini. wen he revs it and turns the key off and on while its revving quite high it shoots flames out the exhaust. he says its cause its a carb. i tryed and it poped once but no flames. wats up wid that. :p

yeah, thats just simple back firing... most just go bang... it must be overfueling by loads and have a really hot exhaust to make it spit flames, or hes got a popper in the exhaust or the ignition is retarded loads!

Rich.

wid? ah "with"...I think I understand what you've written :p

I think flames out your exhaust is usually a result of very high lift cams (or anti-lag on a turbo) my old mini used to do it when lifting off quickly at high revs, looked cool, sounded better popping and farting on the over-run. I'm guessing that there's a lot of unburnt fuel which ignites in the hot exhaust manifold. Not sure if you'd want to replicate it on a modern starlet though as it'd probably fry your cat...you could get yourself a flamer kit, but those look crap :p

yeah, thats just simple back firing... most just go bang... it must be overfueling by loads and have a really hot exhaust to make it spit flames, or hes got a popper in the exhaust or the ignition is retarded loads!

Rich.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah once I got it on the rolling-road it calmed down a lot, made an extra 15bhp at the wheels and was better on juice too.

dont do it on the starlet with turn on and off the ignition as the cam belt might snap and you will fuck your ecu up

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

he has a carb one mate so he has no ecu :p

haha, remember the carb trick from when i first started driving, ignition off, few pumps on the gas and the fire her back up!

but please no one try it on there GT/Glanza!