hi..i am having trouble starting my starlet.i had left the sidelights on and battery went flat.so i removed the battery and charged it up.after putting it back on i cant start it.does removing the battery cause probs?.i would b grateful 4 any advice.....cheers peter,newcastle.uk. :p

hi..i am having trouble starting my starlet.i had left the sidelights on and battery went flat.so i removed the battery and charged it up.after putting it back on i cant start it.does removing the battery cause probs?.i would b grateful 4 any advice.....cheers peter,newcastle.uk. :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does the starter do anything? Do you have igition on? Other cars needs to boost the fuel pump, if the car has been out of power for a while. I don't know if thats the case for a Toyota...

Does the starter do anything? Do you have igition on? Other cars needs to boost the fuel pump, if the car has been out of power for a while. I don't know if thats the case for a Toyota...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes starter does turn ok and ign ok cheers

• 3 weeks later...
yes starter does turn ok and ign ok cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

pull the fuel pipe off under the bonnet that feed fuel to the engine and place into a clear bottle and turn ignition on if fuel come out the pump is prime if not the pump will need to be primed some how to enable fuel to reach the engine

Because you've run the bettery totally flat you may need to replace the battery altogether.

This is because running a bat flat can affect its CCA (cold cranking ampage) - The ability of the battery to turn the starter.