top mounts on d2s

ok ive got a knocking noise and its been driving me crazy trinng to find out the problem ive checked the bushes loads of times,

no i think both my front dampers are fucked,

when i turn the wheel from left to right the the big nut in the middle part of the top mount(where you put the alen key to adjust the firmness) turns from left to right with the stearing wheel.

should they do this???????

geo bud i've got d2's on my GT and im not too sure on setting them up...seen as your a fairly local lad do u rekon it would be possible to help out a fellow starleteer?

mine are set way 2 stiff for driving around here..

cheers

p.

do you have the key to adjust the damping force?

also can you shed any light on my question dude, when you turn the wheel does any part of the

nut in the middle turn in the direction your tuning the wheel in.

ksport-gt-pro-coilover-3.jpg

i dont think its supposed to turn but i cant mind,

as above ^^ can be a bit of play with them but i plan to take mine off for a good clean and grease end of month.

no i dont have the adjuster key or the c-spanners the guy i bought the car off never had them.. :p

do u have them..?

cheers

i'll look at picking one up asap from sumwhere(any ideas??) as will be usefull 2 have, then i may pop over to see you and if you need 2 use it for ure d2s no problem :p

if you have c-spanners a mite drop it a little more lol

al try get toddi + mark to cum across fur a wee chin wag :p

Not sure about the turning nut but ive had my D2's on since november i think and the front one's sound fucked. They are fine over small bumps but any fairly big bumps or pot holes they make the worst bang you have ever heard! Its doing my head it to! Surely they cant be broken already! Are the pillow balls on yours rusty? Mine are, put some WD40 on them the other day. The only other thing i think it could be is the spring popping off its seat but surely this shouldn't happen!?

that bang is just because there stiff bud all 3 of our civic do that to sounds like you hit a badger but its cool

It definatly aint normal! It sounds like one of the coilovers has just fallen off! Its bad. On my D2 box it sais 'not for road use' so even if i tried to get them replaced under warrenty they would tell me to piss off! Its shit.

yeah, what RobSR said,

when i switched to TRD shocks i did not tighten the top bolt up propperly it started knocking after a while!

i used a airpowered tool to tighten it up and knocking stopped. tightening up manualy will mean that the inner shock tube will turn in circles together with the top bug nut and you can keep turning it forever without result, a airpowered tools works a treat.

just my 2 p