Modifiying Standard Seat Rails

:p Ok guys, i got a set of standard glanza seats rails right to modify to fit the recaro seats, manage to get one in.... BUT...... they are

sitting way too high, so any suggestions peeps?

Has anyone had this sorta problem too when doing so?

because no way i want to drive sitting higher than the standard seats :p:p

HELP!

Shelly

Hi Shelly, the main problem seems to be the part where the subframe mounts on the car, they raise it up quite a lot. I have some aftermarket subframes on my Recaro's, I got a couple of pics of them for you. As you can see the part I'm talking about is flat, where yours are raised. If you can get them a bit flatter the seat should move down. Hope it helps in some way!

DSCF2511-1.jpg

DSCF2512-1.jpg

DSCF2513-1.jpg

only two days ago i fitted some to my car and have the same problem. I used the original brackets and found my universal runners were thicker than standard. My passenger seat sits about 1-2 inch's higher than standard feels alot higher as the aftermarket seats are naturally bigger.

The passenger seat is now fitted tho so when doign my drivers side i will keep this in mind and take plenty of pictures for you.

Cheers for the help guys, am trying to fink round this again, my uncle suggested getting some recaro frames off a ford cossie and mod those in if Recaros fit all recaro seat rails, but i doubt they do right???

Geo, i feel as though iam 6ft tall driving my car now LOL no joke, yep i find it better to drive if i sit lower to the ground :p

• 2 months later...

well i have just fitted 2 recaro fishnets and this is the best way i have found! i got these uni runners off ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNIVERSAL-SUBFRAMES-...1742.m153.l1262

they required 1 extra hole drilled then bolted straight to seat and welded some feet to them and bolted them in they sit very nice and low perfect for me and im quite a wee lad! and are fully adjustable! hope this helps!!

matt