cigarette lighter socket..

hey,

i dunno if its the right section to post it, had a look on the forums for similar problems and just noticed that the answers they had were check the wiring, i`ll admit it im not exactly the best at mechanics or electrical things (probs the worst) i can get a grasp of things, but i really need this crappy 12v socket to work as i have no heating and cant afford to replace the heater matrix atm :@

Ive checked the connection between the sockets and no wires are loose and they look in good order, the green light doesnt come on and it doesnt work at all, was just wondering if there was anything else i could check for? i could follow the wire but i have no knowledge on what to do where i find out where it leads too.

any help would be appreciated guys, thanks :p

Possibility if you use it all the time, it could have overloaded the circuit and blown the fuse for it,

Usually the interior light is in the same circuit but not 100% sure, if that still works, there is a fuse box in the drivers foot well under the steering wheel, itl have fuse names under there, u can either use a test lamp to test the fuses or just get some long nose pliers and pull them out and check them but be careful not 2 damage any off them.

There is also a fuse box in the right hand side of the engine bay.

If any are blown fuses there might be spare fuses in the fuse box you can use, if not halfords etc will have something.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Gary

myn never worked and all my fuses were fine, just take out your cd player and tack off a feed from the switch live there thats what i had to do,

if its something that you need to plug in to the fag liter then just solder a wire on to the very end of the plug and a norther one on to one of the side bits then

connect the wire on the end of the plug to the switch live feed you just took and find an earth for the other one its simple give it a bash

tin

cheers for the replys guys. im gunna have to check it out tomorrow, i checked the fuses under the steering wheel, i thought it was on the same fuse as the radio? according to the handbook lol, i`ll have to have a look at the engine bay one, didnt know there were fuses in there.

if all else fails im just gunna do wut tin said :D

• 3 weeks later...

i bought another cigarette lighter socket from a member off here to test the connection from the plug (don't know wut the connectors called lol) anyway, my old unit was broke, now ive just stuck that one in and all works.

Cheers for the reply lads!