How To Remove Roof Gutter Rail Rubbers?

How do i remove the gutter rail rubbers without damaging them on the starlet?

Are they clipped in, bonded in, double sided sticky taped in or are they slide on type?

I dont want to put any bends in them as i remove them.By the looks of the bit ive tryed lifting off, they look to be stuck into the gutter recess with double sided tape?

Craig

One off mine blew off in the wind.

:rolleyes: Haha and theres me trying to pull mine off with no luck!

Ill heat them up a tad and see if they lift off, i just dont want to order any from toyota and get bent over for a few hundred pounds for some rubber :thumbsup:

Yes they should come off easily, there should be a little dab of glue at each end and then peel them off slowly.

I would recommend getting new ones and they are not exspensive (In Aus they were $50ea = 25GBPea.)

They are nice and shiny makes the roof look brand-new and are alot easier to fit then the old and they come with the double sided tape attached too.

Yes they should come off easily, there should be a little dab of glue at each end and then peel them off slowly.

I would recommend getting new ones and they are not exspensive (In Aus they were $50ea = 25GBPea.)

They are nice and shiny makes the roof look brand-new and are alot easier to fit then the old and they come with the double sided tape attached too.

nice one :thumbsup: im not too fussed over how shiny they are haha, the cars just going to get abused from now on anyway :rolleyes:

Thanks guys

I'd heat them up when removing to make sure they don't break dude. I managed to break mine :thumbsup: and refuse to pay £68 to Toyota for new ones! :rolleyes:

Tell me about it, it's a fucking rip off isn't it?!

Only thing to do is go hunting for new ones round local scrappys but with Starlets being somewhat rare... fuck if you'll find some.