i have mannaged to round off the thread on the new turbo

left hand side on the exit where the ic pipes start ( ct9 hybrid)

what the hell am i gonna do as now i cant really tighten it up i have mannaged to find an old usty bolt that has seemed to work but a few more times of taking the ic pipes off and its never gonna work.

reason i have had to take the pipes off so much recently is im trying to sort out the actuator as im setting the boost as i have the gay ic pipes that go over the mani restrickting me fom getting to the actuator easily.

i cant afford to take the turbo off as im not a mechanic

is there a machine that can re thread it but jut make it 1 size bigger.

so annoying.

basically it re cuts a thread to the inside portion of a hole they come in all sizes and pitches! a heli coil is a thread repair, u use a tap to start with and a threaded insert goes in allowing u to restore orignal thread size without oversizing, if needed!

where abouts could i get this done (any garage?)

would this be possible with the turbo still on the car i could allways remove the radiator which would free up so mch space ?

thanks for the replys by the way

where abouts could i get this done (any garage?)

would this be possible with the turbo still on the car i could allways remove the radiator which would free up so mch space ?

thanks for the replys by the way

yer any half decent garage should have a full tap set and heli coil set! well if u can get to it where it is then no prob! depends on access, needs to be fairly good! no prob mate what the sites all bout!! ;)

You'd be better off taking it off as the old thread may have to be drilled for the heli-coil tap and you stand a better chance of getting it square on a bench rather than on the car. Heli-coils are far more stronger than the normal thread you should do the other one while your at it it would be just as easy to do the two anyway. ;)

You'd be better off taking it off as the old thread may have to be drilled for the heli-coil tap and you stand a better chance of getting it square on a bench rather than on the car. Heli-coils are far more stronger than the normal thread you should do the other one while your at it it would be just as easy to do the two anyway. :D

Good advice there!! ;)