Maximum Power On Standard Internals

There is much debate in this. I have searched many times to find no definate answer.

But, after talking with various reputable members of the starlet community, I would bracket the absolute maximum between 230-250 bhp on a healthy stock engine.

Bear in mind that Glanza rods are thinner than Gt rods so will fail sooner. A lot of it is dependant on the tune of both the fueling and ignition, but also its very important to have a healthy engine. You would have to thoroughly test your engine for faults or problems before running around the 250 mark, even then you could be going a little too far.

200 bhp is perfectly achieveable and with a safe tune will run pretty reliably for a long period of time as long as things are kept an eye on! Running this kind of power brings in wear and tear problems sooner, such as head gasket leakage and other oil leaks etc.

i would say realistically 200-220 perhaps if the engine had gone through a full rebuild with all Toyota genuine parts it might withstand 250

but everyday glanza's with 60-80k on the clock i wouldn't want to push more then 220 on a stock engine...just my opinion though.

plus to push the engine safely i would want some proper management like a piggy back/standalone ecu none of this FCD/RRFPR combo.

Glanza_cl has a good point, better safe than sorry. Even engines running 200 bhp will have their day.

If you are wondering what the stock turbo can be run up to, roughly 190 bhp at 1 bar is the highest I've seen achieved and that was on an Glanza with 25,000 miles and an emanage mapped by Nick Jones.

if you look around you will find the highest figured starlets on stock internals are ran with emanages or the blitz/jam etc

there are some running 200 on fcd/rrfpr with uprated fuel pumps etc but i cant imagine they will last particularly long...but to every statement there is an exception.

Just look at Pav here he has been through the works management wise lol and is now making over 200 with a HKS Fcon so 200 is more then manageable safely.