Car Failed Mot Today

Well the car failed Mot today was gutted :thumbsup: it failed because it didnt have side repeaters which i thought was a joke because i didnt think you needed them has anybody had this problem aswell or any more info. When i bought the car last year the place i bought it from put it threw mot without a problem with no side repeaters

Im sure you need side repeaters to go through the MOT bud, on both of my glanzas I've never fitted them (dont particually wana put holes in my wings!) and ive never had problems with MOTS, but i guess that just depends on the tester!

You have to get him to stand something like 50cm from the back of the car (on each side) n look round at them, well something of the sort asked my old man LOADS of times he said if it didnt come with them it doesnt need them for ^ that reason

can i ask, is there anything else he failed you on?

well to make things worse the car failed today again for the same reason and this time to stick the boot in they also said number plates were to small. we said to the tester about the front lenses that they meet the requirements to pass but he was having none of it. He said in n.ireland cars from 98 have to have them either on the side or on the wing mirror. Gutted

well to make things worse the car failed today again for the same reason and this time to stick the boot in they also said number plates were to small. we said to the tester about the front lenses that they meet the requirements to pass but he was having none of it. He said in n.ireland cars from 98 have to have them either on the side or on the wing mirror. Gutted

Did he complain about the plates on a retest???

You should put an appeal in, or take it elsewhere