Hey guys, just joined the UKSC a couple of weeks ago and thought a 'formal' introduction would be a good start ( better late than never right ;) )

Ive had my 96' Glanza V for just over a year now and I can honestly say its the most fun ive had in a car for a long time! I had a nova SR before with too much money spent on it and that was pretty good but these things are just big toys, I'd recommend one to anyone thats had a bit of driving experience with something pretty pokey before :) ...now that ive settled into my 'Glanza life' its time to start spending more money on and releasing a lot more potential from it (my old man has bought an evo 4 so there's a bit of competition here :) )

Anyways if there's any 'meets' or such in Scotland gimme an email at 'Mike_trx@hotmail.com' and hopefully i'll see you there, great site guys hopefully meet more members soon...Mike

Welcome mate,

Im from forfar myself, there is plenty of starlets around your area and all over scotland.

There is usually meets at crail raceway and sumtimes Knockhill,

Keep an eye out in the meets section for any developments.

Post up some pics of your glanza mate.

Thanks

Gary

Alright Gary, cheers for such a quick reply and thanks for the info on meets...

Here's a couple pics of my car, not taken a few for a while but the outside remains the same apart from the suspension being a little higher after my 'controlled diet' of removing tha back seats ;) ...the suspension is started to loose it so it'll be dropped soon hopefully once I get some coilovers on it (RSR springs and shocks aren't the best IMO, feel pretty good at first buy didn't last long, maybe I drive too much or abuse them too much :) ) cheers again...

Oh yeah and the front numberplate has been changed thanks to the 'plod' being overly 'chatty' one night and keeping me at the side of the road for 45 mins at 12:30am when im up in 5 hours for a 13 hour shift at work! Happy Days! :)

Just realised my nova's pics are on photbucket too, oh god talk about memories lol

GlanzaSinner.jpg

My car at confession (could be here a while) ...I'll take some more pics as the car progresses, maybe get some soon seeing as the chrome on the wheels has had it and I fancy some couloured wheels for a change B)

GlanzaFront.jpg

GlanzaBack.jpg

GlanzaNight.jpg

hey, welcome to uksc, sounds like you have hooked onto the v nicely :)

think i might have passed you a few times up by fairmile head, where abouts in the burg do you stay?

Thanks mate, should see it progress over time...Ive got plans to 'camo' it actually...no doubt there will be some comments on this idea but much like your own glanza its sometimes good to stand out from the crowd :) ...thats a really nice car you've got there, looks pretty smart in gold, no doubt putting out a good bit with the sneaky shot of the bay...cheers...Mike

hey, welcome to uksc, sounds like you have hooked onto the v nicely :)

think i might have passed you a few times up by fairmile head, where abouts in the burg do you stay?

Hey man, yeah ive seen you many a time up that way. I work at hillend ski slope and the girlfriend stays in penicuik so im always around that way...I stay down by ocean terminal which is a bit of a trek to work buts its good fun on a quiet day...dunno if you'll remember a green nova having a run along nine mile burn over a year ago with you? pics of the nova on photbucket if you fancied a look...anyway that pretty much sealed the deal for me when I saw your car, something that stayed with me for a while and ended up putting me in the postion im in now so cheers mate :)

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x201/Mike_trx/ - Photbucket link

sweet! feals good knowing that

i can vaguely remember your nova, not sure what actualy happened though.

yea i stay about another 20 minuites up that road just outside Biggar and the girlfriend stays up by fairmilehead :)

there is a few of us going up to Crail this weekend if your into it. should be good craic.

when you say 'camo' what do you mean?

when you say 'camo' what do you mean?

Aw i'd love to man but im working sunday and im helpin the old fart fit some bits on his 'new toy'...he's like a boy racer reborn into my dads body! Cheers though much appreciated! Hopefully be up for that soon though once ive got my ideas straight about what to do engine tuning wise with the car...the 'camo' plan is to have it vinyl wrapped in urban camo which consists of blues, greys etc and pretty much do the whole car bar the windows(of course) and the roof which i'll either keep silver or do black...sounds a bit iffy but I reckon it'll look alright and once its got a bit more power hopefully people will get the idea...dont supposed you've got a link to info on running the car on more power or running 1 bar of boost? Ive tried toytuning.com but they haven't returned any emails for days...cheers

cool that might look pretty good, a mate of mine works in vynal graphics and has been talking about doing something similar for a while now.

to run a bar check here

if you check the tutorials section there are a few more articles too :)

Aye cheers man i'll give that look much appreciated :) ...yeah I know a guy that does vinyl graphics too but the more the merrier eh? Its not the same guy is it lol Jazz at FEP? Anyways im gonna try sleep supposed to be in work for half 8 and im not really feeling it, thanks for the help man I really appreciate it and the car looks great, seems to have different wheels everytime I see it! Take care man, probably pass you soon enough...Mike

Hey guys, thanks again for the warm and friendly welcomes, had a few days working non stop but a nice saturday off even if I had to fit an actuator and some rear seats into an evo, typical...as asked here's a couple of pics of my dads car, not a starlet by any means but one for the jap enthusiasts out there ( like me ) :lol:

...and yeah, he did pick that colour himself :D looks prett good I think though.

Evoside.jpg

Its a work in progress, the graphics will match the wheels soon so it wont look too 'interupted' ot 'busy' with the colours...cheers guys have a blast on sunday for me :( ...Mike

Evowheels.jpg