New Guy From The Vag Scene

hi all, names will. from north wales.

ive been in the vag scene since i started driving and owned 7 mk2 golfs. the latest of which was a 2.0 16v gti, with a lot of internal work. i loved it! pic:

P1010071-1.jpg

P1010212.jpg

i've picked up a lovely starlet turbo, 1994 with the face lift front, the advance version with the wheel and gear knob. it also has the optional extra LSD. done 98000 KM . but the speedomiter has been changed to MPH. other mods include a full stainless exhaust system and hks induction filter, and suspention. i love the starlet but i'd like to get some more power out of it to get it as quick or quicker than my golf was. this keeps up with the golf to about 55mph but then trails behind.

now i have never even looked at forced induction so im a bit of a "noob" when it comes to it.

can anyone tell me what are the easyest and cheapest ways to get some more power out of the little 1.3? i've been told a remap would be the best bang for buck thing to do.. anyone have experience with what power gains you can get with a remap and how much i'd be likely to spend?

i'd also like to get a better exdhaust manifold - but abit warey of what to go for? i havent got alot of money but dont want to buy one thats just going to crack after abit of hard driving.

i'll try and get some pics of the starlet up asap, but only have access to a camera phone at the moment so they wont be grate pics.

cheers,

will.

good to be here!