Like said above i was lucky to come out the car with no injurys but Bourkey was extremly lucky to come out alive we were both sat outside a shop in the trafford centre today trying to remember more which didnt really work. Also it is a real shame about the car but that doesnt matter the only thing that matters is everyone is alive. When i was in the ambelance the police was speaking with me and they said that he wasnt wearing a seatbelt and i told them that he was definitly wearing one and they still didnt belive me even though the seatbelt was still plugged in after the accident. Here are a few more pictures of the car and also one showing the seatbelt still plugged in:

bourkecarcrash5.jpg

bourkecarcrash3.jpg

Craig

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ SooperD - After this crash i think i only have one life left. When i came out of the hospital i was very nervous about getting in a car si i had to get my dad to pick me up in his big car. I have been in cars since including a Starlet and i was fine and i will be back on the road in the future, but as i have only just started walking and i can't move my hand yet it is a good while off. Im also not allowed to drive until im cleared by my physio. Im also typing with one hand :lol:.

@ jam-ep - Yep i did meet you at the last Manchester meet. I may be at the next meet but obviously not in the SR.

Im also off work for over a month now. You may all be thinking yey for me but considering i never have any time off and i hate been off it's going to be crap. I have one day at home alone and it is sooooo boring. I don't know how you students cope :(.

Bourkey

In an extreme twist of fate about 10 months ago me and Mark went driving on Snakes pass and actually got out at the corner where i have crashed and even taken pictures of the view. As you can see from the pictures i was coming down the hill when i was overtaking. There is a clear view all the way down of the corner as well.

DSC00198.jpg

DSC00199.jpg

DSC00200.jpg

Bourkey

As i said before on your build thread glad your still with us very very lucky is an understatement, looking at that car mate (i aint a church goer) but looking at that car you would say there was some divine intervention there pal.

and i also have to say mate if you were over taking on a corner you need slapped on the back of the head :lol: , as you said you were overtaking on the straight passing 2 cars but the one in front sped up so you must of not had much space to begin with leading up to the corner, everybody here is glad, i am glad your ok but i aint gonna kiss your arse you were stupid and need to be told so i have a blast in my car i aint denying that but to overtake 2 cars on what has already been said was a bad road leading to a corner is crazy.

and on the situation of not admitting liabillity come on bourkey. Arse chewing over lol i am really glad your ok.

All the best in your recovery

colin.

@ Boostjunkie - Bud i clearly know i am lucky and i have been pretty stupid to say the least. All i have to do is try and sit in a comfortable position without any aches and pains and it makes me think about the accident. I haven't stopped thinking about it since i woke up in intensive care. im not expecting people to pussy foot around what happened and be nice about it, which is why i came on here and told the truth about the accident instead of just hiding it all away. I know how stories can get bent and twisted so i explained it all myself.

As for the liability...again... i have worked in law for a long time and i know where i stand. If i can't remember what happened i can't make a statement about the circumstances, which is where the police come in. Im not expecting much from the report though as they already believe i wasn't wearing a seatbelt when i clearly was.

Bourkey

@ Boostjunkie - Bud i clearly know i am lucky and i have been pretty stupid to say the least. All i have to do is try and sit in a comfortable position without any aches and pains and it makes me think about the accident. I haven't stopped thinking about it since i woke up in intensive care. im not expecting people to pussy foot around what happened and be nice about it, which is why i came on here and told the truth about the accident instead of just hiding it all away. I know how stories can get bent and twisted so i explained it all myself.

As for the liability...again... i have worked in law for a long time and i know where i stand. If i can't remember what happened i can't make a statement about the circumstances, which is where the police come in. Im not expecting much from the report though as they already believe i wasn't wearing a seatbelt when i clearly was.

Bourkey

well i'm glad you here to hear the ass chewing lol,

and a side note i know what its like when you collapse a lung mines done it 8 times lol 2 were operations on my lungs to glue them together a wee bit of advice when i was in pain from my chest i found that sitting back on a chair with my feet elevated helped the pain a little (although this was when i had my drain in) did you get a drain in or they syringe the air out your chest or both like me.

Your pics makes my mates look like a scrape but I will post them anyway, such a shame he only had the car 24 hours :lol:

Went up to magor services on friday at 7pm to meet up with "egplease", swapped my ssb ej9 for his eg3 with d16z6 swap. The d16 was pretty nippy and run lick a gem ,the main downside of the car was the rear arches as found on most eg's but this didn't bother me as I was going to use it as a long project car and drop my d16z6 turbo built engine into it plus many other things. Heres a couple of pictures of the car when I first had it:

Photo038.jpg

Photo043.jpg

Photo037.jpg

Then on saturday worked on the car from 10am till about 8:30 pm, heres a list of the things we did:

- changed the buddy club exhaust for my srs exhaust system as the buddy was a bit too loud for me.

- the gear linkage bush under the car wasn't connected and was banging against the exhaust so sorted that out.

- did an oil and filter change.

- removed the window tints.

- swapped over tinted rear lights for oem ones.

- fitted bucket seat and 4 point harness.

- touched up rust spots.

- lowered rear end slightly.

- swapped over white side skirts for oem black ones.

- swapped over m3 mirrors for oem black ones.

- topped up all fluids.

- gave it a brief clean.

- removed rear seat belts and drivers one.

- plus a couple other things.

Heres a couple of pics:

04042009437.jpg

04042009431.jpg

04042009438.jpg

04042009428.jpg

04042009433.jpg

04042009434.jpg

04042009435.jpg

04042009439.jpg

Then I went out the same night and at around 11pm I lost the rear end and hit a telegraph pole which then caused the car to spin through the air (the only reason I know this is because there was some boys who were behind me and saw it all happen) and then luckily landed on all 4 wheels, my mate in the passenger seat is very lucky to be alive. We both escaped with some minor injuries. Some whiplash, couple of cuts and scratches on our eyes from the glass. Heres some pics of the car as it is now:

04042009441.jpg

04042009443.jpg

05042009446.jpg

05042009447.jpg

05042009448.jpg

05042009449.jpg

05042009450.jpg

05042009444.jpg

05042009451.jpg

I dont know what i'm going to do next car wise, I may sell up everything, I'm just happy that we're both ok.

damn. its so lucky your alive as if that was someone on the otherside of the road that wasnt looking and in one of those dased states you see people in that dont react quick enough that could have been head on.

i found myself in a situation like this the other day i was bomming it through a country lane and went over this hill to find someone trying to pull out. thought they saw me coming and then realised they didnt i had to vear accross the otherside of the road on to an on coming car. the choice was slam on my breaks and deffo crash into the back of them or put my foot down to just make it round the car,

woke me up like a bitch.

You've pretty much admitted to us all u were doing wrong, 80+ is a law breaker, wrong side of road overtaking 2 cars is too :p ..

and on the situation of not admitting liabillity come on bourkey.

Jeez guys, he doesn't know what happened, he said that. He only knows what they have figured out from the scene, and that might not be accurate.

I don't know what your drivings like buddy, but from reading your posts you don't seem like a plank, I hope it turns out you weren't in the wrong and it was for another reason. I wouldn't worry yourself over liability for a little bit...

Glad your well though, how badly injured are you now? Any lasting affects?

Sorry bud,

Mike

Thanks Rick :p

Quick update. The insurance have inspected the car, or whats left of it, and are also amazed im alive. The engineer has valued £1700 for the car, which is a fair enough and im doubting they are going to offer the car back to me. That payout will just go into a savings account until i am ok to drive again then i'll decide on a car. Sorry all but i doubt it will be a Starlet. As Rick pointed out in my other topic it just isn't strong and i want something a bit more robust. I've always wanted an MR turbo or GT4 so maybe thats what i will get.

The police are also coming to see me tomorrow about the accident. The officer in charge doesn't sound like a tit when i spoke to him so that shouldn't be too bad. Some can be right cocky gits as we all know.

Fuck.

If I hadn't read the story, there is no way I would have thought the driver could have survived that.

All the best for your recovery mate, keep us updated and let us know how you get on with the police interview.

Just had the police round. He was a nice guy to be honest and was chatting to me for a good while.

The good news, The actual story from him differs slightly. I did make it back in after the overtaking part but the cars on the otherside were not far off me but still adequate enough. Then as i have finished overtaking to move in the back end of the car has gone light and i have gone part sideways. I have corrected this but too much and gon back onto the otherside causing the collision. The policeman said i was going quick at the start of the passing but at the end i was backdown to the limit.

Now the bad news. He has said this is likely to go to court for the charge of Dangerous driving or the lesser charge of careless driving. The officer is going to push for the lesser charge as he said after speaking to me i don't seem like your average idiot on the road. I was completely honest about everything as i still can't remember and he wasn't surprised at all. If it is the lesser charge i may get away with a driving course or points and a fine but if it is the higher charge im looking at a banned a hefty fine. I'll accept anything they give me as i was clearly not in control at the point of impact.

Bourkey

thats scary ive had a rear blow out before and 'weemark' a mate of mine had his rear disk snap causing the rear wheel to lock, in both circumstances total loss of control from the back, on marks ocasion it was scary looking into my rear mirror to see mark pirueting into a wall in the background,

what do you think to loose the back end like that?

Thats not so bad then at least they are being halfway decent about it and you now know what happened, if they sting you with alot of points/ban then forget the GT4 or MR2.

I would go for something newer like the corrola Tsport or a mazda 3232 sport, nice cars without the silly insurance tag, till you get a few years ncd back.

But till then get yourself back together first and relax as much as you can :p

my bruv had a head on collision wiv a 4x4 in his xr2i at 60mph, he n his mate got out absolutely fine guy in the 4x4 suffered a broken arm, my bruv had to go on a driver improvement scheme 4 a day his premiums only went up a tenner. get well soon mate

I lost control of a Ford Fiesta 3yrs ago which belonged 2 my father in law, only borrowed it 2 get 2 wrk that day because my Pug GTI I had at the time was in the garage 2 have a new steering rack fitted.

Anyway just went round a corner which is a tight bend following other cars on a 30mph limit nxt minute the car had control of me, it was either a blow out or the steering rack went very odd considering that my car was in the garage having that done at the time. I ended up on the opposite side of the road with a oncoming Ford KA smacked straight into it then into a wall. I was very shaken & very lucky, I did damage to my sturnum which was caused by the seatbelt.

Father in law gave me permission even though I was only covered 3rd party so I lost his car, but like he says cars r only metal as long as u were ok - I even lost 2yrs no claims - I know how u would have felt shakes the hell out of u, still do not drive that road today I just get the bus to wrk now.

U Could always get another Starlet & have a full rollcage in it??? :p

MR2 Turbo = one scary car, they are lethal if the back end slightly gets out of shape its very hard to regain control.

If I was in your shoes I wanted want to jump into something like that after a big accident.

Hopefully they wont be too harsh on you, considering you work in law you will probably have careless driving.

@ Enzo - I've not got a clue as i don't remember and it's annoying that i can't because im losing sleep wondering what could make it step out of line so much i can't control it. They have checked the car and nothing was wrong with it so i don't think i'll ever know.

@ Paul - I'll only be physically well enough to drive again at the end of this year they reckon so by the time i come to choose a car i'll know what i can have because, hopefully, everything should be settled by then.

@ mel - Trust me after seeing my SR i doubt i'll own one again. A rollcage wouldn't have even helped.

@ Sparky - Don't worry i have plenty of time to decide :p.

The policeman also said that i shouldn't worry about it and get it out of my mind until the paperwork comes through. This is because nothing is set in stone, the case could even be dropped. They are taking everything into account like my injuries as he said im practically banned for a year now anyway due to my injuries not allowing me to drive. They are also going to look at my record which is squeaky clean at the moment. It's just a waiting game now.

Bourkey