• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Bluebear - Exactly what i was thinking. The things that doctor can do to fix you has come on massively. My arm would have surely been amputated but what the doctors don't warn you of is the mental side of an accident. It affects you for much longer than any injury especially if you aren't a strong minded person. I was doing some research into it after i found out that depression was common from serious accidents, there have been people who have got so depressed they have taken their own lives.

I do appreciate everything my doctors have done for me massively and i owe my life to them but i do think it is a problem that needs addressing.

@ Bigman - Your avatar, It was the sticker on the back of my SR. Now that is a very weird moment for me there!!!

@ Jack P - Im banned unfortunately ;(.

Bourkey

@ Rubix - Don't worry i completely understand what you are saying. i've had all the lectures and "yo better not fucking do that" etc. I know people with bikes who have had scrapes, again all not their fault so i know what im getting myself into. I believe i have grown up a lot in the past year where motoring is concerned so i wont be just a daft kid on a bike. I have been told the same thing by other bikers. Respect the power you have at the twist of your wrist as one wrong move can all go wrong. I'll have the odd laugh like i said but it will be far from before.

Im also doing much more training than just the basic lesson & test. Im going to do on the track training, advanced rider training etc as i want to know what i can and can't do.

And i already knew 99% of motorists are idiots. Unfortunately i was one of them. Hopefully it has changed now as the crash was an eye opener to say i wasn't invincible B).

Bourkey

No one is bud. Sometimes takes a scare for us to realise our mortality.

Could not have put it better myself bud B).

Don't worry i've picked out the leathers etc. I'll be lit up like a lantern. as for the headlight...on 24/7 full beam B). People can moan but i'll still be alive B).

Bourkey