Legal Advice Please.

From the begining, I finished work at 10pm tonight, and decided to go straight out, to meet a few mates down the local mac d, (chav yh) where i was doing less than 5mph in about, 4th gear, bearly tick over, time now 10:07, 2 minutes later a police car comes in , and basically tells everyone to clear off. and threatens a section 59, Now as i go to drive off... the copper pulls me to one side and tells me to wait.

Here we go...

I see your number plate is not in the right location!?!?!?! and is a motor bike plate...... hang on its an import plate. and its situated blow my light. just like the new evo X and VIII have as standard! he then goes on to say it has to be central! and was going to prosecute me for being a motoring defect! i then explained the size of the plate is for an import... and obv i drive an import so all was good on the size eventually!!!!! but sill wasnt happy about the position of it! out come the cable ties and i move it to the middle how he wanted it. blocking my intercooler!

Just been on the dvla website...

"A number plate must be displayed at the front and rear of motor vehicles (with someexceptions).

l Number Plates must be easy to read and meet the British Standard.

l Lettering should be black on a white plate at the front and a yellow at the rear.

l The background surface should be reflex-reflecting but the characters must not.

... Read More

Certain imported vehicles may be permitted to display number plates with smaller characters if:The vehicle does not have European Community Whole Vehicle Type Approval"

He then points out my tax disc... perfectly in date. and legal so i thought, the bottom of my disc was wedged between the glass and the dash, and not showing the bottom barcode of the disc! i was ok its minor ill move it.

Onto my tyres.... i see there toyo proxies... yerp well done u can read.. i see there all legal! of course i replyed. stolen? reciepts?! no they come with the wheels. who i got from a owners club.

Onto my blue side lights... Ok not much i could of done, but he pracitaclly accused me of using them to "act" as a police officer!!!!! he was fair with this as i only use them with my HIDS to give to blue tint. nothing else. however i had the spare bulbs in the car, so i got away with it.

then the daddy...

" we have reports of you wheel spinning, and driving dangerously!" im like ok... proof? under cover police car has reported me doing so, and has video footage! well can i see it? oo no it will be used for evidence... He then rages at me for questioning him! as i try and protest my innosense. i tried explaining to him... its now 10:09. i was sat there, in my car, foot still on the clutch. and in gear... id been there less than a minute! and they tried puttin it all on me! then went in with the cheeky line " officer do you really think im stupid enough to spend crazy amounts of money on some rubber, to lay down on mac d car park!!! these tyres cost more than the shitter of a nova, that i may like to add. had no number plate on the front!"

So i cant see the footage... ok, if you want to contest you inosense you must come to the station. we spoke on.... Now im going to issue you with a section 59. but im not as i acted carmly and basically bent over without a fuss, however you will be put on our system and will be monitored!

Now can they legally put me on the system without issueing my section 59! and if i have got 1 how do i know!? he gave me no ticket. just said i would be monitored... monitored for what exactly " your driving, number plate,"

Now if i go into the police station in the morning... and testify my innosense.... how do i know they havent reported me for anything at all, and not just trying to scare me?!!?!?!

Peace out.

1 very pissed off CraGle.

Wankers end of.

You done the right things there mate, moved your numberplate as he asked, changed sidelights etc but he took the piss to be fair, I hate coppers like that, the more you protest your innocence the worse they be :)

I would go there tomorrow for sure because one more Section 59 now and they can take your car away and even crush it.

Just spent the last hour clarifying number plate laws... what a drain on my only day off!! it can go anywhere on the front bumper provding it is visable. is the answer i got from the sgt!

Now boy dont i wish i had that officers badge number, he'd b gettin a bill for 2 cable ties!

Off to the station now to clarify if i have been done for a section 59.

Just spent the last hour clarifying number plate laws... what a drain on my only day off!! it can go anywhere on the front bumper provding it is visable. is the answer i got from the sgt!

Now boy dont i wish i had that officers badge number, he'd b gettin a bill for 2 cable ties!

Off to the station now to clarify if i have been done for a section 59.

Lets us know how it goes, the police are arseholes, and if they have nothing major going on will pick on us. I had it a while ago at Southend and they were trying me for everything - luckily they couldnt get anything to stick.

You are right about the number plate, out it back where it was mate and if you see that policeman again, tell him to fuck right off.... hmm actually dont do that because you will end up in trouble :-)

If you are innocent then you have nothing to worry about, just be careful when you drive in that area in the future.

xxxx

Number plate has to be on front bumper, the SGT was right. i got pulled in my S14, had the plate in the front window, they said it had to be on the front bumper, i blagged it and managed to make em believe that it had fallen off. fact was my intercooler was way too big to have it on the front!

Section 59 - I was given one on my first car, it was so annoying cuz it was given on the fact i was using my block as a race track. a neighbor down the street has it in for me big time, cuz of an embarassing incident at the local pub one night ending in her public humiliation. my celicas exhaust was very loud, but i never rag it around villages, as i know someone who was killed by a someone driving fast throught the village. never have and i never will. they accused me of racing, and when i said to them about that, then they said well we have had 9 complaints about it, and i asked for proof and they said no we cant show it you... then one of them droped it that it was from same person.

they gave me one and u will know if u had it cuz they read through all the details about it with you and tell u its for a year on ure car, if u get reported again u get ure car impounded/possibly crushed. you should be made to sign somthing as well

revenge was sweet, the day before my vr6 was due to be sold, i rolled slowly in gear one, rite up outside her house, handbrake on, clutch in, accelerator... POW... 2 thick black lines outside her house LOL, i know its not the answer but it was very self satisfying :)

might sound hard to do, but just do as they say mate, if you argue with them or take the piss they will make your life a misery and just pull you over at every chance possible etc

comes from experience :) haha

In layman terms it looks like he had it in for you.

There might even be a possibility that he picked you out when it was someone else pratting about prior to the misconception.

id make an un official report on the copper, if u do it officially they stick behind each other. fone up head office and explain to them the way he was treating u, he will get a telling off and if he does it to u again then you just fone up again. you do get good cops but a lot of them are just w*nkers in uniform! think they can talk to you how they like, id like to see htem try that with the uniform off

From the begining, I finished work at 10pm tonight, and decided to go straight out, to meet a few mates down the local mac d, (chav yh) where i was doing less than 5mph in about, 4th gear, bearly tick over, time now 10:07, 2 minutes later a police car comes in , and basically tells everyone to clear off. and threatens a section 59, Now as i go to drive off... the copper pulls me to one side and tells me to wait.

Here we go...

I see your number plate is not in the right location!?!?!?! and is a motor bike plate...... hang on its an import plate. and its situated blow my light. just like the new evo X and VIII have as standard! he then goes on to say it has to be central! and was going to prosecute me for being a motoring defect! i then explained the size of the plate is for an import... and obv i drive an import so all was good on the size eventually!!!!! but sill wasnt happy about the position of it! out come the cable ties and i move it to the middle how he wanted it. blocking my intercooler!

Just been on the dvla website...

"A number plate must be displayed at the front and rear of motor vehicles (with someexceptions).

l Number Plates must be easy to read and meet the British Standard.

l Lettering should be black on a white plate at the front and a yellow at the rear.

l The background surface should be reflex-reflecting but the characters must not.

... Read More

Certain imported vehicles may be permitted to display number plates with smaller characters if:The vehicle does not have European Community Whole Vehicle Type Approval"

He then points out my tax disc... perfectly in date. and legal so i thought, the bottom of my disc was wedged between the glass and the dash, and not showing the bottom barcode of the disc! i was ok its minor ill move it.

Onto my tyres.... i see there toyo proxies... yerp well done u can read.. i see there all legal! of course i replyed. stolen? reciepts?! no they come with the wheels. who i got from a owners club.

Onto my blue side lights... Ok not much i could of done, but he pracitaclly accused me of using them to "act" as a police officer!!!!! he was fair with this as i only use them with my HIDS to give to blue tint. nothing else. however i had the spare bulbs in the car, so i got away with it.

then the daddy...

" we have reports of you wheel spinning, and driving dangerously!" im like ok... proof? under cover police car has reported me doing so, and has video footage! well can i see it? oo no it will be used for evidence... He then rages at me for questioning him! as i try and protest my innosense. i tried explaining to him... its now 10:09. i was sat there, in my car, foot still on the clutch. and in gear... id been there less than a minute! and they tried puttin it all on me! then went in with the cheeky line " officer do you really think im stupid enough to spend crazy amounts of money on some rubber, to lay down on mac d car park!!! these tyres cost more than the shitter of a nova, that i may like to add. had no number plate on the front!"

So i cant see the footage... ok, if you want to contest you inosense you must come to the station. we spoke on.... Now im going to issue you with a section 59. but im not as i acted carmly and basically bent over without a fuss, however you will be put on our system and will be monitored!

Now can they legally put me on the system without issueing my section 59! and if i have got 1 how do i know!? he gave me no ticket. just said i would be monitored... monitored for what exactly " your driving, number plate,"

Now if i go into the police station in the morning... and testify my innosense.... how do i know they havent reported me for anything at all, and not just trying to scare me?!!?!?!

Peace out.

1 very pissed off CraGle.

I got a section 59 for handbrake turn. they send a letter through the post. last 1yr from date shown on letter. tossers .

What a wanker. cant blame him though, im sure you ALL know how many shit bag saxo's,106's corsa'a with chavs nailing them about. The police im sure just stereotype all modified cars as chavs up to no good. But he sounds like he was being un-reasonable... i dont likes un-reasonable people.

ghey.

Mitch

Serves you right for chavving it up in maccy D's :p

The undercover car line is bollocks, if they have proof then you will usually be shown it in the traffic car :D They tried the line on me once and funnily enough i couldn't see the tape as it may incriminate me more ^_^ yeah right!

In future when pulled over by the police take a note of their badge number and the reg of the vehicle they are using :D

It will come back and bite them on the ass if they act like a tool! :D

Serves you right for chavving it up in maccy D's :p

The undercover car line is bollocks, if they have proof then you will usually be shown it in the traffic car :D They tried the line on me once and funnily enough i couldn't see the tape as it may incriminate me more ^_^ yeah right!

In future when pulled over by the police take a note of their badge number and the reg of the vehicle they are using :D

It will come back and bite them on the ass if they act like a tool! :D

He'll just be scaring you mate

I have a copy of the section 59 thing in my glovebox just in case tho

He can't do anything without going through actual procedure and issuing you with a ticket and making sure you understand it.

ALWAYS take the badge number and reg plate of his car (keep a pen and paper in the glovebox too)

As he's leaving make a note of his details and a quick description of him (phsically)

Some cops are knobs and some are cool.

I got pulled in my old Satria GTi as the cop loved them and just wanted a chat about what i'd done to it!

Steve