Where to put the pipes through for a Boost gauge

Guest Enzo

hey becks im gona be having the same problem too.

have a look at nomad racing, they make specific pillar pods for the glanzas a pillar,

what i was gona do is have the pipe running through the little rubber gomit just behind your induction kit, thats the only hole i know of that goes through the bulk head and comes in underneath the glove box behind the ecu,

there might be another access point on the other side of the engine bay but ive not had a look yet.

hope this helps babe B)

babe? bahahaha, sorry but thats................. ah fuck it, hasbashahahahahahahaha...

aaanyway, yes there's another grommet which allows the hose to come in just above the pedals (which is a more convenient location), the rubber bung is just behind the stock top mount, more on the driver's side, and has a small little rubber bit poking out of it to distinguish between other bungs.

make a slit in that and you're done, just gotta find the bugger on the other side. B)

cheers for the help will have a look when i get home B) fingers crossed - need to get a new boost gauge want a defi one but need to find the doe - not going to mount it on the pillar either having them above the cd player give me the option to change my mind quite easily

Most people mount them on the pillar as they are in your eye-line which is easier to glance at than down at the CD player.

Ecks is right slit the rubber grommet and feed the pipe (if it's a mechanical gauge) through there.

P.S There used to be a guy that did the White faced electronic Defi gauges (boost, oil pressure, oil temp + controller) for £450 but he's dissapeared B)

i had my gauges down below the cd player but FUCK ME they're practically useless, not so much the voltmeter etc i had but the boost gauge was impossible to see when you're trying to actually know what you're boosting at. it might seem like a small distance but when you're booting it and want to see what you're boosting at it seems like its alot fucking farther away and you end up searching around for it, trying to see what the boost is (and as you're only gonna get a 52mm gauge in there, it makes it even more difficult).

i'll attach a pic of where mine is located.

when i have my retrim etc i may well have a gauge pod molded into a-pillar, and then trimmed up etc, so it'll look flush and subtle as fuck, but until then, the position it is in couldnt be more perfect. you can see it at every opportunity and it doesnt particularly hide anything behind it, can see all the gauges etc you need to, and its relatively subtle so it doesn't scream at any thieving pedestrians etc.

dsc019993dd.jpg

yeah that's an ideal position ecks.

My mate made quite a low profile gauge pod which attached to the steering coloumn - He can't really see the odometer but the speedo' dial is perfectly visible. Might try and fabricate something similar for myself.

yeah that's an ideal position ecks.

My mate made quite a low profile gauge pod which attached to the steering coloumn - He can't really see the odometer but the speedo' dial is perfectly visible. Might try and fabricate something similar for myself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you'll be surprised how many japs attach gauges to the steering column, in fact it happens very often, and i would've done this too but just preferred it where i managed to mount it, it really couldnt be in a better position.