Spam Message Awareness

hi just a heads up to let you know we and other forums have a new wave of spam bots that seams users are logging in then launching the bots,

im gona put a patch in at some point this week that should sort it out with flood control on the pms,

so if you were wandering the few spam pms you were getting, they are not viruses but just delete them

we should not get any more right now

thanx guys for letting me know,

have installed abit of software by the forum creators that gives me more control over flood control tonight,

this is just a temporary fix but should sort it for now

this is what invision are saying

We have received numerous reports from clients regarding spamming on the Personal Message (PM) system in IP.Board 2.3.6 and below. After consulting with reCaptcha (the provider of the captcha system in 2.3.6) we believe that humans are being used to bypass the captcha and then the newly created account is given to an automated script which sends PMs in huge quantities to your members.

The patch we have released today introduces a flood control setting to the PM system in IP.Board 2.3.6. This will limit how fast a member can send PMs thereby giving you and your moderators time to ban the offending account.

ive do0wnloaded and installed the patch but later today the site might go down to fully install it,

so this should put a stop to the mass pms

we have only had 4 of 8 attacks starting from the 7th of april. and ive gone through and deleted any suspicious accounts, hopefully this is the last of this

please let me know if you guys get any more spam users,