Help On What To Purchase Please Guys?

hey guys i have a starlet gt turbo ep82 at the moment its got big brake conversion front mount intercooler,mushroom filter and a hks ajustable actuator.

I've got about two and a half grand to chuck at my engine idealy i was thinking of getting mapable management???? forged bottom end ect ect but im not sure as im new to tuning these starlets so

i hope you can point me in the right direction :lol:

aup guys I've bin into modifing for years manly ford rs turbo's ect but i thort id try the jap scene I've got like i said 2 n half grand to chuck at an engine and managment build so thats what i want help with really. :p what to go for i want good reliable power if thats any use as i was sort of used to around 280-300bhp but i no im not going to achive this with 2 and a half grand but something as close as would be nice :lol:

I would get coilovers, antilift kit and rear antiroll bar first leaving you with about £1700.

Thats almost enough for a forged engine from T-M developments but it would work out cheaper doing it yourself but you wont get any real benefits from the forged engine.

So instead I would buy one of Dane's (Starlet Parts Shop) TD04 kit (£1300) looks absolutely immense!!!

Leaving you enough for a dastek unichip (second hand) and mapping at a push

Guest dominodon

Depends how much boost you planing to use and what power you want,

fuel pump wise you would need a walbro fuel pump

330 are good for 240-250 bhp, at 1.1 or 1.2 bar

or 550's for 1.5 bar

so it realy all done to what power you want

Chuck 2.5K at your engine and ignore the handling of a starlet and you have a 1 way ticket to a hedge :thumbsup:

Get the handling sorted then think about the engine, handling mods make the car quicker and more importantly for these lil cars....safer! :thumbsup:

If not we will see it breaking for parts soon :mellow:

Chuck 2.5K at your engine and ignore the handling of a starlet and you have a 1 way ticket to a hedge :)

Get the handling sorted then think about the engine, handling mods make the car quicker and more importantly for these lil cars....safer! :)

If not we will see it breaking for parts soon :)

cheers for that mate and like i say I've built a few cars up in the past ect and i take all advise given to me mate but like i said in an earlier post i have 2 and a half grand to chuck at an engine alone.as its going to be a long term project I've got time to get everything else also.like i say i have also just put a big brake conversion on the front to start with ;)

Chuck 2.5K at your engine and ignore the handling of a starlet and you have a 1 way ticket to a hedge :)

not necisarily(sp) just break earlyer, i know someone with a 500bhp(ish) civic he got stock brakes stock springs and integra shocks, he never complained about handling and when he was a totb get like 5th or 6th on handling course aswell

although it is advised its not necisarily necisary :)

not necisarily(sp) just break earlyer, i know someone with a 500bhp(ish) civic he got stock brakes stock springs and integra shocks, he never complained about handling and when he was a totb get like 5th or 6th on handling course aswell

although it is advised its not necisarily necisary :)

your missing one point mate.....................

Civics handle well in stock form

glanzas dont