Craigmt's Sportif Progress

Hey everyone, Im loving the new site, good to see so many people with starlets and to be part of the community!

Where to start.. lol, we\'ll two years ago I went out on search for my first car. Ive always liked Japanese cars and have seen a few toyota starlets going about but I did not no much about them.

After searching I found a Toyota Starlet Sportif EP91 couple of miles from me. Went along checked it out and looked in excellent condition so I made the purchase :p

Since then i've been on many journeys and road trips stretching the UK with friends and family.

Once I've saved up some money, Id like to upgrade the car with some Technological and Mechanical upgrades :lol:

Here is the car before any upgrades as standard.

12092007.jpg

firstpics.jpg

This was when I bought the car back in 2007

:D

As you can see the car has the standard alloys and standard everything really

atbennevis2.jpg

atbennevis.jpg

Image at Ben Nevis, first long distance run.

Since then upgrades are:

Interior

• Leather Seat Covers
  • Heated Front Seats
  • Clunk Clip (Was standard)
  • Red Toyota Branded Shoulder Pads
  • Gld Painted Hubcaps and Calipers
  • 10 magic trees in many colors
  • F&F Aluminum Gear Shifter
  • Blue flamed car mats
  • 2x Pioneer 6x9 in parcel shelf @ an angle (£5 from Honda civic at scrapyard!)

Exterior

• 15" BK Racing - 5 Spoke Alloy Wheels
  • Low Profile "Sport One" Tires
  • Slightly Customized "Universal Air Filter" for Improved Induction
  • Rip speed Tailpipe (still standard exhaust)
  • Aeroblade Front Window Wipers (meant to deflect air)

Here are some photos I have taken today.

engine1.jpg

engine2.jpg

seatcovers.jpg

interior.jpg

parcelshelf.jpg

rear.jpg

rear2-1.jpg

Future Upgrades (Might seem abit unrealistic lol)

• An full exhaust system that is quiet but still has higher hp performance, if anyone has any suggestions it would be very much appreciated as im not sure the right kind to get and if I would have to upgrade the manifold to prevent bottle necks.

• Glanza white dashboard dials with the working tachometer (is this possible to wire up to a sportif?)

• 4E-FTE conversion for when my engine is on its last legs and I save save and save money.

• Slightly black rear Window tints

• Debadge front? This its good to have the toyota logo on show though.

Any other ideas would be very much appreciated! :D

morerecent.jpg

I found when I stuck the 15's on there was actually less room under the arc's of the car than the standard alloys as if it had been lowered which makes me thing the standard alloys were too small before which should have been the same diameter cause of the larger tire profile. Ive not noticed any speedo difference when going through traffic radars etc. But it looks although the wheel meets the arc much nicer so it was a bonus

:p

So if you have a standard sportif / sr wheels you will probably benefit from a larger diameter even though your buying 15' which are meant to be the same diameter overall, just a lower profile.

More to come B) thanks for reading!

your pics havent worked mate, but sounds gud so far! :thumbsup:

That was quick , I never expected a reply so fast lol. Think that's the pic sorted had to use that photo bucket website instead of flickr. Loving what you've done to your car by the way :thumbsup: looks awesome.

Woooooooooohoooooooooo another green one! 3DR or 5DR?......heated seats? :thumbsup:

Welcome to the site bud, make yourself at home :thumbsup:

Hey! thanks dude, again i never expected a reply so soon Lol,

Its a 3 door, just bought a set of black heated seat pads from eBay for about £20-30 a while back. they sit neatly under the seat covers, They use the cigarette socket at the mo but i'm going to find a way of hardwiring wiring them up to mybe a button in the dash. should b cool :mellow:

Excellent in winter!!

good to see someone else has a green starlet ! :)

cheers mate, means alot when people notice what youve done :thumbsup: although i havent done half as much most people on here, havent got the money to :thumbsup:

what are your plans for the starlet then?

Yeah, the money side of things :) Although probably the best part of it all is the one bit at a time, if everything was modded in one go then it takes the fun out of it :D

I think the next thing will be a new exhaust but there so many ae, it has a ripspeed tail attachment on it atm but it looks weird to be honest, its not sitting right. What about you? :mellow:

I demand pictures! :thumbsup:

LoL still trying to get use to this site and photos, getting there though :mellow:

How long have you had your car then?, you seem to have a green stripes along your doors, that's different from mine :thumbsup:

yh i did mine in bits, thats the best way :thumbsup:

my future plans are to lower it and maybe get a midsection for the exhaust make it sound a bit sportier :mellow:

Sounds good, Would that increase the performance as well or would you need to upgrade the whole thing including the manifold? Im confused.com when it comes to all these different exhausts :thumbsup:

Had mine since may-ish, yeh its a 5dr CD model so comes with a few different things........i took the bump strips off looks 101% better than before.

Im keen to see the carpc idea take off.....wanted to do something similar which gives a few nifty read outs instead of just throwing in some gauges

Not bad mate, though you should take the more JDM route, keep the standard set of alloys (small dinky ones) and spray them an outragous colour :thumbsup: bright blue, lime green, orange, yellow, pink etc etc :mellow:

I think JDM suits the dark green Stars.

But, this being said, the mods you have done so far seem quite good. :thumbsup:

Welcome by the way

Not bad mate, though you should take the more JDM route, keep the standard set of alloys (small dinky ones) and spray them an outragous colour :) bright blue, lime green, orange, yellow, pink etc etc :mellow:

I think JDM suits the dark green Stars.

But, this being said, the mods you have done so far seem quite good. :thumbsup:

Welcome by the way

Hey thanks!, I'm happy you like, its not much but happy to be part of the club :thumbsup: