Turbo Timer And Alarm

right my wanky argos special alarm finally packed up the other day so i thought i may aswell spend some money and get a CAT1 alarm and get central locking fitted at same time (Glanza V P-sport model with no C/L) but i have a turbo timer and obviously the imobiliser will be bypassed if i have turbo timer in loosing its CAT1 status, i know you can get cliffords with turbo timers built in but there not CAT1 as the imobiliser is bypassed

wondering what everyone else does about this ?? loose the turbo timer or dont go CAT1 ??

You still get CAT 1 status with a turbo timer if its built into the alarm. It looses its CAT 1 status if its an aftermarket turbo timer thats not part of the alarm system. Or so the alarm people told me when doing mine.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the problem i had was when i set the greddy turbo timer my clifford would not activate nor would it lock the doors

which is not good but a friend of mine who does alarms fitted a couple of diodes in 2 wires and now the

alarm sets with the engine still running.

where abouts you from bud if your close he would be able to sort it for you

john