Putting Diesel Into A Turbo V ((help))

Guest Enzo

Guest Enzo

hi, about 20 mins ago th we're sat at bigger petrol station and i asked the GF tp put petrol into athena while i went in and payed. i told her to put blue ultimate into the car, she put in bps ultimate disel in instead

about a £10 worth in

i started her up and drove out of the forcort must have been 10 ish seconds then she started to stutter, knew strait away and shut it off 12-15 seconds

so what do i do to fix this, managed to get her toed up the road to my garage.

whats invovled in fixing this and what do i need to do to get her back up and running

is it just a case of emptying the tank or do i need to do more than that as diesel has obviusly got into the lines.

any help would be most stupendusly apcreceated! :D:D

hi, about 20 mins ago th we're sat at bigger petrol station and i asked the GF tp put petrol into athena while i went in and payed. i told her to put blue ultimate into the car, she put in bps ultimate disel in instead

about a £10 worth in

i started her up and drove out of the forcort must have been 10 ish seconds then she started to stutter, knew strait away and shut it off 12-15 seconds

so what do i do to fix this, managed to get her toed up the road to my garage.

whats invovled in fixing this and what do i need to do to get her back up and running

is it just a case of emptying the tank or do i need to do more than that as diesel has obviusly got into the lines.

any help would be most stupendusly apcreceated! :D:D

i did it before xmas bud lol hung over and put in diesel. luckily i didnt start it but it wont do you any harm. just lift the back seat out lift the cap and youl have 3 or 4 hoses with about 8 screws round it take them out and syphon it from there, change your fuel filter and fill it up and bobs your auntie.

diesel burns slower than petrol so it wil be clogged up a bit but it should pass no problem

Guest Enzo

thanx for the swift reply, how would i go about sifoning it out though, how do you do that?

diesel would have got through the lines, will i need to clean them too as the engine did run for 10-20 seconds before spluttering then i shut it off. . . .

also what about the injectors, does anyone know?

petrol in a diesel aint too bad, used to run the lux on a mix of petrol and veggie oil

but diesel in a petrol is a bit worse, id ask a professional mate just incase! :D

thanx for the swift reply, how would i go about sifoning it out though, how do you do that?

diesel would have got through the lines, will i need to clean them too as the engine did run for 10-20 seconds before spluttering then i shut it off. . . .

also what about the injectors, does anyone know?

just stick a hose in the keep it as low as you can, even crouch down at the side of the car and start sucking, 1ce it gets to your mouth pull the hose out and keep it pointing down and keep it as low as u can and make sure u have the other end rite at the bottom. your injectors should be fine. its worse the other way around as petrol burns the tips off diesel injectors. the diesel will prob just lube things up a bit lol, as for whats in the lines i wouldnt worry about it, it will burn away eventually and be a bit smokey

petrol in a diesel aint too bad, used to run the lux on a mix of petrol and veggie oil

but diesel in a petrol is a bit worse, id ask a professional mate just incase! :D

i wouldnt say so, a little petrol in a diesel isnt too bad but too much will burn the ti[ps of the injectors. diesel in a petrol isnt that bad if anything it will lube things up lol, 1ce ity burns away itll be fine

Guest Enzo

thanx for your replys bucket and others, you have put my mind at rest, a wee bit, the gf feels well bad about it knowing how much i love that ep

i knew putting petrol into a diesel was bad like really bad if you ran it,

read a few horror storyes of vectra v6 diesels filled up wtih petrol

if anyone else can shed more advice then that would be great,

il need a fual filter?

is there any aditive i can put into the tank to clean the lines?

thanx for your replys bucket and others, you have put my mind at rest, a wee bit, the gf feels well bad about it knowing how much i love that ep

i knew putting petrol into a diesel was bad like really bad if you ran it,

read a few horror storyes of vectra v6 diesels filled up wtih petrol

if anyone else can shed more advice then that would be great,

il need a fual filter?

is there any aditive i can put into the tank to clean the lines?

i never started mines up when i done it, i put redex in with a full tank and just gave it a good thrash for a day or 2 it was a wee bit smokey and a bit boggy for the first 10 mins then it was back to normal, but everytime i burped i could taste the diesel for about 3 days haha f*cking mingin

good luck to you anyway bud im sure it will be fine.

if you taqke it to a garage they will charge u about 160 quid but its an easy job

i would definatly chage the fuel filter asap diesel in a petrol can really fuck the engine up. i would recommend the slick 50 complete engine flush to give it a proper clean out. not sure what it would have done to your turbo diesel has silicone in it i think.

personally i would ask a mechanic. all traces of diesel need to be flushed out.

hope this helps mate

curt

empty your tank mate then stop the car from firing remove kind lead and crank and let it rest then crank again so u dont burn oot your starter keep doing this and it will empty your fule lines and filter

or

empty tank disconnect fuel filter and fuel rail to get oot all the diesel then refill

it prolly would run with only a wee bit but will run like a bag of shite and with diesel in it it lowers the ron so it will have worse knock u might find u will get away with it but then again you might be one of the unlucky ones

I'd drain the fuel tank, remove if possible, flush it, fill up with something like 97 octane, put in a all round injector flush like Wynns, Redex etc, change you're fuel filter, and if possible, run on lower boost incase of any detonation problems, once tank is empty, fill up with more fuel, add another dose of fuel system cleaner and all should be well.

A little over the top but I like to do things properly:)

Damien

Guest Enzo

lol yea should be a lesson learned there somewhere

thanx for all the help and advice peeople, im gona get to work on that list tomorrow,

you have all been a great help :D

ohh my god!! im glad im not the only person who has done this!! :-)

I filled up on a whole tank of diesel and it died while leaving the garage. Apart from the tow to the nearest garage, it cost me £50 to get the tank cleaned etc and has run absolutely fine since.

I blame BP for not labelling their pumps properly!! :-) xx