Hey everyone

I have all next week off to do a few bits to my car, i thought as i am gonna be painting my brake calipers i may tidy up the engine and paint a few bits.

I would like to know which bits i can paint. Im just looking to do small parts not massive parts, also not complicated parts which will be hard to remove.

Any suggestions will be great.

I have a picture of my engine bay if this wil help?

starlet7.jpg

Also just to let you know, i will be cleaning the engine bay next week too, as you can see it is filthy i know :lol: lol

chanelle x

Hey everyone

I have all next week off to do a few bits to my car, i thought as i am gonna be painting my brake calipers i may tidy up the engine and paint a few bits.

I would like to know which bits i can paint. Im just looking to do small parts not massive parts, also not complicated parts which will be hard to remove.

Any suggestions will be great.

I have a picture of my engine bay if this wil help?

starlet7.jpg

Also just to let you know, i will be cleaning the engine bay next week too, as you can see it is filthy i know :lol: lol

chanelle x

hi chanelle, you will need some hard work by the look of the engine bay..nice project tho :lol: ..there's one of my engine bay.have kept mine plain, painted valve cover,radiator all the rusted metal black belive me my engine bay like your when i bought my car..DSCN4676-1.jpg%7Boption%7D

with my engine bay i started with givin it a good clean!!! u'll be surprised at the difference it can make!!

i have also sprayed my radiator brackets and my fuse box cover (both very easy to do).

radiator next probably, just to get the rusted look gone!!!

rocker cover also a good idea, but would be best lookin for a faq on removin it before startin it!!!

should be a good project for u!

the rocker cover is a must, can be pretty tricky though and you might need a new rocker cover gasket( wont be anymore than a tenner id imagine) also if your gonna give it a good clean dont go spraying a power washer on the engine bay lol

Thanks for everyones replies.

@buketep91 lol i may be blonde but not blonde enought to power wah the engine lol. Think i will definatly need to do the rocker cover, thinking of red with the toyota logo white. thanks for letting me know i will need a new gasket for when i do that. :lol:

@dan_sv if im right in thinking, the radiator clips are at the bottom of the bay three in total. Yes i will definatly have to paintg them as they are rusttastic atm lol.

@vit thats a nice engine bay, very clean unlike mine, as i siad tho it is on the to do list.

i have added a pic with different colour so i can tell which part you lot are on about lol. Can these bits be painted or shall i leave them?

DSC00086-1.jpg

thanks again

chanelle x

theres loads you can paint...but first id give the bay a good clean...bag up the electrics/battery/filter etc, spray the whole think in muck off, and then jetwash it, do that a couple of times, and it will be nice and clean..

re. painting this, skys the limit, but the classic is, head cover, rad brackets, fusebox cover and inlet mani..can also do dizzy cap, strut brace ends etc. etc. :lol: