right was just readin sparkys post about his remap so maybe he can help as well

so..... im wanting my car re-mapped and set up properly but just want a bit of advice

i have a 94 gt turbo EP82

I've done the basics to it but need advice on few more things to do before eventually getting it mapped

The mods include

Japspeed full system (braced manifold/decat pipe and full middle section and backbox)

Blitz dumpvalve

Blitz SUS filter

HDI front mount intercooler

I've got a standard ct9 turbo at the moment aswell

soon im getting a boost gauge, filter relocation kit and adjustable actuator

so 1stly is there anything else i need before i up the boost?

secondly im going to buy an emanage and get it properly mapped

im hoping to get it to about 180bhp which i saw sparky did on his

so guys all i want is advice on what exactly to do in what order so i can get everything bought and ready to et it set up

can you guys help please the longer and more in depth the better

thanks

lol wrong section again dude :)

have a good look at this page

ems mapping and tuning

topic moved,

have you read the tutorial on part one, increasing boost

clicky, it should help you a wee bit with getting an overal picture

yes mate i read it thats whats brought me to the decision to use an emange. i got told to use a fcd and rrfpr to set up fuelling for upping boost but in your guide it says that isnt the best way so thanks for that you helped me alot. just confused with it all so want some advice. im good at the mechanical side but electronics and management aint my best side so just want some advice. cheers dude

cool i edited it last night. your best bet would be this bit here, for ease of use, ul get to your goal of 180 and wont have to fuck about with harnisses and wires.

expect to pay 400-500 and its plug and play

i have had a sard, and two jams now. i swear by them. i also have an emange and would not go down that route again unless i was chassing big power with a forged build

plug and play aftermarket ecu's

there are a few ways of doing this. The first one is alot simpler than the second.

You could source an aftermaket JDM Ecu.

these come premapped to certain mods in japan but they all do the same of removing limitations of the stock ecu like fual cut and speedcut. These ecus are set up for a bar + and are a very easy way of getting to that pressure as all you do is unplog the old ecu and replace with one of these.

Blitz (access I, II, III)

Jam Racing

Sard

Watanabe

Zep

Mines

all sell plug and play premaped units.

its advised to get your car down to you rolling road for a fulling check just to make sure that the ecu can fual your modifications just to be on the safe side.

your a legend mate thats a lot cheaper

so i get a pre mapped ecu like the ones above what other advice do you suggest

obviously adjustable actuator and up the boost to 1bar. will the pre mapped ecu be ready mapped for this??

any other modifications you suggest that would be beneficial to do with this to add a little more power and also do the car any favours??

thanks again youre a big help fella

Thats a very good guide!!

You will notice your turbo spool a bit quicker and hold boost lot more stable :)

I ended up forking out £700 for my emanage and mapping, really regret it tbh

Boost gauge should be your main priority now mate, then actuator set to 1 bar and a Aftermarket ECU should do the rest :p

them jap ecu's arent always the best, yes there just plug and play, but you HAVE to use 99 ron fuel with them, and generally speaking they tend to run rich, there maps are generic also and arent suited to your particular car. people say they are self learning they are NOT.

they are mapped to see certain target figures from the sensors, and trim themselves to see this target figure.

there not really all that great to be fair.

you get a better tune with a piggy back ecu, and if you ever decide to go for more mods later on it's just a simple remap.

you should expect to pay around £6-7 hundred pound for piggy back ecu, fiting and mapping, bit more expensive i know but imo better in the long term.

Thats a very good guide!!

You will notice your turbo spool a bit quicker and hold boost lot more stable :thumbsup:

I ended up forking out £700 for my emanage and mapping, really regret it tbh

Boost gauge should be your main priority now mate, then actuator set to 1 bar and a Aftermarket ECU should do the rest :p

why would you regret it?!

At least you know you have a properly set up ecu thats mapped for YOUR car for YOUR mods.

Far better than having a plug n play ecu that was mapped for someone elses car and is far more generic than your custom map.

Much safer mate :D