Pioneer Headunit Wiring / Carrozzeria Part System

My car has been semi stripped of a sound system before i got my hands on it

So there was an absence of a headunit and rear speakers but then i also found out it had the drivers dash speaker missing to

However the car has got Pioneer Carrozzeria tweeters and a Carrozzeria 12 disk changer under the drivers seat

So i went out and have not got bits and bobs to fit such as a Pioneer headunit, SR rear speakers (15w) and a drivers dash speaker (10w) aswell

I've gone to fit the lot and now discovered I've also got a 100w pasenger side dash Carrozzeria speaker as well

I've seen another starlet (GT) with a Pioneer Carrozzeria system in it and I chatted to the guy who owned it and he said about it being an optional extra upgrade

So now im prety sure that my cars had the whole system in it just wondering wether theres anyone else out there with the full system as i was interested in what the rear speakers looked like aswell as the headunit just wondering what its like in comparrison to mine and what I've seen in Christians GT (Not sure of his user name)

On a bit of a side note

The new Pioneer headunit i broughts got a different connection from the standard Jap connection form the V

So looked into that and found various adapters etc so Im gna get hold of one of those to fit it

But then there theres loads of random jap wires all over the car for running rear speakers and the tweeters etc

Also where the drivers dash speaker was missing the tweeter was not plugged in

The passenger side tweeter is being run off the carrozzeria passenger front speaker as its got ports for the tweeter in the back of the speaker to jack into

So how im gonna run the drivers side tweeter is a bit confusing?

And ontop of that I now have no idea wether my headunit will be able to power the carrozzeria front speaker or the tweeters as i think its only capable of running 4 50w speakers :thumbsup:

Any help or imput etc would be really helpful

Thanks in advance

Cheers for the imput man

I've just had a hunt through and i cant find anything that looks like a cross over

Theres the standard wiring for the headunit to plug into

Then the plugs to the front speakers are there

The drivers side one where it plugs into a standard speaker now

The Passenger side is plugged into the end of a wire that is then wound up on itself a few times then thats plugged into the Carrozzeria speaker

This stuff is proper confusing me

Then ontop of the the wiring adapter to go from the back of the headunit into the jack for the headunit was the wrong 1 :s

The toyota ISO bit was fine but then the plug to go onto the headunit was different

Im majorly fed up with all this stuff :s

I just want to have a working sound system....

:thumbsup:

IMG_8426.jpg

IMG_8427.jpg

IMG_8429.jpg

IMG_8430.jpg

IMG_8431.jpg

So im trying to hunt down a 14 pin pioneer female socket im guessing to a male toyota 1?

Anyone got any idea where i can get my mits on one?

I've hunted through ebay n google n im having such trouble finding nething :thumbsup:

Right im confused now. As they are a factory fitted optional extra im not actually sure weather there will be a crossover or not. i was just assuming. It might be worth researchin the kit they supply and find out weather there was a seperate crossover or not. Once you've found out whats what, ripp it all out and start again, well thats what i would do. It might be a bit of work but at the end of the day u know where you are and it wired correctly.

Regards to the looms. You will need to buy two different leads. One that will plug into the toyota wiring which will adapt the toyota plug to 'ISO' and then a Pioneer lead that will go into the back of the radio. If you call 01728 746500 speak to Angie. That number is the company i work for. She will be able to supply the Pioneer and possibly the Toyota one too. I'll have to check. Say you know me, i'm Ben and you should get some discount too :thumbsup:

Right im confused now. As they are a factory fitted optional extra im not actually sure weather there will be a crossover or not. i was just assuming. It might be worth researchin the kit they supply and find out weather there was a seperate crossover or not. Once you've found out whats what, ripp it all out and start again, well thats what i would do. It might be a bit of work but at the end of the day u know where you are and it wired correctly.

Regards to the looms. You will need to buy two different leads. One that will plug into the toyota wiring which will adapt the toyota plug to 'ISO' and then a Pioneer lead that will go into the back of the radio. If you call 01728 746500 speak to Angie. That number is the company i work for. She will be able to supply the Pioneer and possibly the Toyota one too. I'll have to check. Say you know me, i'm Ben and you should get some discount too :lol:

:D

I was wondering wether id have to buy 2 ISO adapters and fit them together :p

Cheers for the conformation on that

With regards to the Carrozzeria stuff I've had a bit of a hunt and i cant really find much on it

But il keep searching

Then the cars got jap wiring running to the back for speakers to run off that look like this:

IMG_8428.jpg

So im guessing they were just linked up to the speakers in the back (when it had some in) and then linked up to whatever headunit used to be there?

With regards to the tweeter thats not linked up I'm thinking about just having it feeding off the standard speaker n wiring it into that or sumin then maybe even running the rear speakers off the front ones aswell but duno yet

Im concidering attacking my bros GLS and seeing what i can work ouit from that as thats all standard sound system wise

Il give it a week until i get paid tho then il call Angie ;)

As im pretty strapped for cash atm (Just got back from Le Mans)

+ thanks for the potential discountage to B)

Thanks for all your help man this stuffs well over my head il take a cupple pics of the carrozeria speaker with the tweeter jacked into it as well and post up photos galore 2moz :p

No probs, i'll let her know your calling.

Don't what ever you do link the tweeters to the mids if there is no crossover. It'll blow em n then your f*cked.

It all sounds a damn mess to be honest. Wire it all from scratch is ya best bet :lol:

Moneys just gone in so I'll give your woman a bell :p

Thanks again man

Heres a tone more picture i shot the other day to:

So the Deh-P40MP headunit back side looks like this:

IMG_8429.jpg

So after research as I had no idea about anything car/electrical/audio wise

We have amp jacks

IMG_8430.jpg

We have main plugy thing and the blue socket bit (IP-Bus connection) runs the multi disc changer

IMG_8431.jpg

Carrozzeria speaker

IMG_8437.jpg

IMG_8439.jpg

IMG_8438.jpg

Then those wires in the back link up to this bundle of love

IMG_8440.jpg

On one end is this;

IMG_8441.jpg

The standard speaker jack linked in then the other end links to this badboy

IMG_8434.jpg

(It looks like there may be fuses underneith some of those black rubbery plasic covers?)

I couldnt find ne wiring for the tweeter when i peeled away the panel to fit the standard drivers side speaker after a hunt i found the wire trailing off the drivers side tweeter rammed between the door and the doorcard....

But not bundle or wires to link it into a Carrozzeria wireing bundle which is missing aswell as the speaker to run the tweeter off :)

So Im just left with this:

IMG_8444.jpg

So this monkeys not gonna work till i get a new Carrozzeria speaker ^_^

IMG_8433.jpg

But after hunting the model TS-C1000A on Japhoo

I've found the speakers so i just wana get my mits on a set as then il have spares aswell

Altho with the exchange rate being somewhat crap im considering leaving it a while...

Also after hunting round the boot for what used to run the rear speakers that were there once upon a time i found this:

IMG_8445.jpg

Random black wire running from what i can tell down the entire length of the car to the underside of the boot release

(Im not sure wether this is alarm related but my guess is that it is so no1 opens my boot?

Although I've got a feeling it was there before the alarm was fitted?)

Also found the other end of the wiring which im guessing used to run the rear speakers:

IMG_8446.jpg

lol yup

I went to Halfrauds in the first place and nearly brough the Toyota to ISO loom but though hang on that doesnt fit...?

So the pioneer 1s the 1 im kinda desperate for as the 1 i got with the headunit had had the ISO connection lopped off it :)

Then if Angie can sort me out for the Toyota 1 saves me another trip to Halfrauds ^_^

I was clever and didnt buy it ^_^

Think il ebay the Toyota - ISO get it for pennies and save myself some monies

Just given Angie a ring and shes going to hunt me down the bit im after and told me to ring back in half hour :)