4efte Throttle Body On The The 4e

i was having a nosy round the scrap yard yesterday and i found a 4efte in the corner

i thought id take the throttle body of it and it fits straight on to my rolla mani but theres 2 sensors on my old

tb and theres only one on the new 1 , theres a big difference in the size betweem them id think this would help

me a great deal 2 get 2 my 100bhp figure if i cud get it 2 wrk

any ideas folks

i was having a nosy round the scrap yard yesterday and i found a 4efte in the corner

i thought id take the throttle body of it and it fits straight on to my rolla mani but theres 2 sensors on my old

tb and theres only one on the new 1 , theres a big difference in the size betweem them id think this would help

me a great deal 2 get 2 my 100bhp figure if i cud get it 2 wrk

any ideas folks

The differences are:

1) The idle control for 4efte and 4efe tb are at different location

2) The TPS on 4efte and 4efe are two totally different sensor.

to fix this

1) You need original 4efte intake manifold with idle control on the driver side end. Extend your original wiring and tap into it

2) You will need to find yourself a variable TPS. The easiest solution will be finding 4efte AUTO car tb

** stock 4efe tb is 46mm while 4efte is 50mm. While it's theory you should gain some hp, you will also decrease drivabilty due the extra air coming through. The stock 4efe ecu may not compensate it very well

The differences are:

1) The idle control for 4efte and 4efe tb are at different location

2) The TPS on 4efte and 4efe are two totally different sensor.

to fix this

1) You need original 4efte intake manifold with idle control on the driver side end. Extend your original wiring and tap into it

2) You will need to find yourself a variable TPS. The easiest solution will be finding 4efte AUTO car tb

** stock 4efe tb is 46mm while 4efte is 50mm. While it's theory you should gain some hp, you will also decrease drivabilty due the extra air coming through. The stock 4efe ecu may not compensate it very well

pretty much what he said. people have also mentioned the 7EFE throttle body, found on a 1.8 celica ST. used to have this car but not at same time as starlet so cant remember the differences or anything lol

7afe intake manifold is similar to 4efte intake. tb is 50mm as well but due to design of the throttle butterfly cable hook, it will hit your fuel rail.

I have been trying to look for a matching 50mm tb for my car and only an AUTO 4efte tb will fit

it does make a difference though if you get it to fit mate. not a huge difference but as you said it will be a step in the right direction to getting the magic 100bhp figure your after

Agreed, not huge difference with stock ecu, stock 4efe intaka manifold and stock exhaust manifold.

If you see my vehicle thread, u can get an idea how to get 100bhp.

I'm looking to get 50mm tb, huge airbox to get 100whp.