Was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. Have a 1.3 sportif standard but looking to get an air filter and back box for it. Budget isn't that high but don't want to be buying crap that will just give me problems later. Been looking on ebay etc and just can't find anything really. Maybe haven't been searching for the right thing. But anyway, if anyone can give me some advice or suggestions I'd appreciate it! Cheers XD

in my opinion if you needed to replace the filter id replace the element iwthin the airbox with one from k &n,

induction kits dont realy do to well with the na not unless its a closed off jobby like a bmc.

if your after some induction noise then by all means fit any type of generic filter.

when it comes to backboxes, a universal one can be mated up to the standard system,

best bet is to keep an eye on here for second hand bits off members...i presume yours is an na? I would keep on the look out for a tte back box if i were you, and wouldnt bother with a open cone filter Get an upraed panel...HKS do one for around 25ish pounds

Cheers lads for the advice, would you have any links at all just so I know what i'm looking for? I don't mind buying things new if they're in the £50-£60 range.

fraid not, this is where the search function is your friend :)

or maybe try giving a few of the traders like tm-developments a call to see if they cater for any said parts

from my experience they dont work to well within the engine bay as they sook up alot of warm air, you would be lucky to see gains,

if you have the money, try and replicate this if you can

newcastlemeet051.jpg

this type of closed off setup should net you the biggest gains.

Hah what's that set up you have going there? I'm devastated now, I just thought I had to get one of those cone filters and that'd be me. Like this

http://www.tdi-plc.com/catalog/product_inf...oducts_id=13176

So basically best advice is to just get those air filter panels for inside air box that's on atm? As for back boxes, know of any decent ones for not too much? [sorry for bein a pain XD]

For backboxes, I believe Remus were the suppliers of the TTE boxes that came on the SR, so it may be worth checking if they still make them. I think there was some discussion about it ages ago. If not, then keeping an eye out for someone selling Japanese exhaust backboxes may be your best bet, i think theres one or two for sale in the Parts for Sale section. Idrees is selling a 5Zigen Fireball backbox, but it'll need some metal and a pipe welding to it. I might just be competing against you if anything worthwhile does come up though :)

If you don't have the materials, money or time to rig up a proper cold air feed, or getting a CDA enclosed filter like in the picture above, then yes, a panel filter will be your best bet.

It'll also be worth checking into local scrappies. A certain year range of Corolla had the same engine as our trusty N/A's, but a different inlet manifold, the part responsible for regulating air flow into the engine. Find one of these if you can, and buy it for no less than 50 quid. Anything more is a rip-off. When replacing the standard inlet with one of these Corolla inlet manifolds, the 4EFE gets quite a nice boost to performance all the way through the rev range and general top-end grunt. I'm sure someone will come along and tell you which year of Corolla it is (95-99ish?) I'll see if I can find a picture when I come back later today.

Hope this helps!

Thanks very much Bluebear! Lot of insight there. Hmm yeah I've been reading more and more and the general opinion is what Enzo had said that an open cone filter won't do much good as it just gets alot of heat soak. For that enclosed filter job, it looks beyond me but also very interesting. What sort of money would you be talking for that?

from my experience they dont work to well within the engine bay as they sook up alot of warm air, you would be lucky to see gains,

if you have the money, try and replicate this if you can

newcastlemeet051.jpg

this type of closed off setup should net you the biggest gains.

That looks lovely.

How much? and where?

chanelle x