i have been offered a oil catch tank off a sierra cosworth which has 2x inlets. Does my ep82 gtt have any more breathers bar apart from the rocker cover. and where is it on the engine.Would it be ok piping it back into my turbo return pipe. Do they have to be mounted anywere specific.

Secondly i am making an intercooler in the front is it better for the dump valve to be as close to the inlet manifold as possible or not.

Hope someone can help thankyou mark...

i have been offered a oil catch tank off a sierra cosworth which has 2x inlets. Does my ep82 gtt have any more breathers bar apart from the rocker cover. and where is it on the engine.Would it be ok piping it back into my turbo return pipe. Do they have to be mounted anywere specific.

Secondly i am making an intercooler in the front is it better for the dump valve to be as close to the inlet manifold as possible or not.

Hope someone can help thankyou mark...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let the olie return hose sit free in the air. I think there is 2 breathers, both at the cover, one to the manifold and one to the orig. blowoff....

The best position for the blow off is 9" to 15" from the intelmanifold... Your blow off is sitting there to take the "back blow" when you go to idle, then it dosn't hit the turbine...

Hope that helps a bit...

Cheers mate. Just at the moment my car has one of them little air filter type things as a breather on the rocker cover and it makes the rocker cover get covered in oil. i was thinking of just running a length of samco to sum part of the engine bay higher than the rocker cover and refitting the filter thingy which should be ok because there is not exess amounts of oil seeping through the gause on the filter.

yea that was rougthly were i was gonna put my dump valve i thought it would be better up there common sence really but just wanted to be sure

Thanks for ya help buddy mite save myself £40 aswell ha ha.

got a pic of it? sure it osnt an oil separator not a catch tank?

if it is a catch tank you need to go to the top of ya engine breather to one of em and leave the other open to air

oh an mount it wherever it fits. mines near the battery

i just ran some hose from my rockcover to the catch can, then put 2" of hose on the other end and put my filter on that.

they don't 'need' to be plummed back in.

not the best pic to help but Here's mine.

got a pic of it? sure it osnt an oil separator not a catch tank?

if it is a catch tank you need to go to the top of ya engine breather to one of em and leave the other open to air

oh an mount it wherever it fits. mines near the battery

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why leave the other one open for air???

cus it still needs to breathe as far as i know

only separotors plumb back in and they have 3 spouts. 1 in, 1 out and a breather

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If the hoses from the cover goes to the tank and the other pipe on the tank is free, it can breath trough the tank...