Definition Of Good Condition?

Right, I have bought a glo badge from ebay, they are also a user on the UKSC, here is the advert:

TOYOTA STARLET

MK1 REAR LIGHTING BOARD

Here we have for sale, RARE Rear lighting board removed from my EP82

GT Badge illuminates in green

Condition is used, but good

Cash collection or payment by paypal / cheque

Goods will be sent upon receipt of cleared funds

I have high lighted the bits that I would like peoples opinions on.

As I received the item yesterday and the corners are cracked. The picture on the auction was rubbish as well although you can see it once you have the item in hand and are actually looking for them in the picture.

Pretty much in your opinions, do you think that was fairly described? As I difinately wouldn't describe anything as good and not mention if there was any damage to the item like those missing parts, on both sides?

Your thoughts on this please?

I did through e bay. And the reply was it was good condition because it's rare and he said i got it cheap.

Like the fact it's rare and it's price makes a difference that their version of good condition is shady at best.

Also the postage of 15 quid was a bit steep when it cost under 6 quid on thee package. Although i wouldn't have minded it all if it wasn't damaged :) this is why i normally buy new, as there are to many sellers out there that describe items like in this instant.

But i'm glad everyone agrees so i'm not wrong in my view of it's condition not being as described.

nah that aint good condition mate id be pissed with that

saw one of these glowing gt badges the other day looked pretty mint in my opinion

are these aftermarket parts or do they come as optional extras from new etc?

does anyone know?

I wouldn't say that's good condition, I also wouldn't say that's the "general wear and tear you'd expect from something 20 years old" either. It's damage, plain and simple, if part of it is missing it's clearly not in good condition.

Thats crap condition in my opinion

Id agree with everyone else

Light scratchs or a couple or little marks

But if the corners are busted in like the pics show is it not just gna fill with water when it rains? :)

How was it packed though? Could it have been damaged in the post? looks like its been dropped on the edges.

packed well enough. I checked inside the packaging to make sure as that was my first thought, but the sellers reply confirms that it wasn't done in transit as she admitted it was there, yet still deems it to be considered good condition. And when you know it's there you can see it in the sellers pictures, but only once you know it's there if you get me.

She's got a funny idea of 'good condition'!

I would say the same as everyone else, good condition if normally surface scratches but nothing major. But that is quite sufficent damage.

And you say she uses UKSC? Maybe it's worth naming and shaming, to warn other people not to buy from her in future!

the thread in question:

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....mp;#entry270103

Also I have saved a screen capture with her comment just incase she decides to do a bit of editing.

Although pretty shit that fellow enthusiasts are like this but oh well, you live and learn. I'll negative feedback her, try and reclaim the cash back through ebay and paypal, and WHEN they do nothing, which I'm sure they will do as all their adverts about being safe and protected is total shit like, I'll recharge it through my credit card.

That will work, I know that.

I take it there were no bits in the packaging - that could of cracked off in transit? If there wasn't ,report it, its with ebay, so they will sort you out as that is wrongly advertised and misleading the buyer.

Thats not just cracks though, thats chunks of each corner missing!

If people are going to sell parts like that on this forum, they clearly need to be banned from selling if they are not giving you a refund. That's a piece of rubbish you got there, I'd be gutted if I paid for that to be honest.

Good luck with what you decide mate.