hi there welcome to the club, there pretty reliable as long as they have been looked after. look out for while smoke on boost as that will say the turbo seals are knackered, is the car standard or modded? if it has been modded watch out for chimps that don't know what they are doing, for instance winding the boost up without fueling and management mods.

hope this helps

curt

Yes Thanks will look out for the smoke.

Its lightly modded. Still pritty sandard under the bonnet accept a induction kit and dump valve. Looks pritty clean under the bonnet and around the car from pics ive seen.

No its only running 0.8 bar so not that much boost.

Thanks Will.

also put the car in 3rd with the handbrake all the way up, find the biting point with a about 2500 revs and that will check for big end bearings,

if there is any sort of knocking avoid.

is the car on ebay or anything if so pm me and i will look over what he says about the car for you.

curt

just have a general look round and use common sense check for rust etc serious oil leaks. check the oil and make sure theres no sign of failing headgasket. check water levels etc.

make sure you drive it any knocking noises etc investigate further.

pretty simple really however i did that and mine internally turned out to be a right nail and has robbed me loads of money

so its a gambling game but you can normally tell the difference between a nail and a good runner

keep us posted mate if you buy it