im after a new manifold and decat pipe was just wondering if there are any in particular people recommend i have a standard ct9 trubo with a front mount intercooler on incase that matters im not sure lol, and also what about the gaskets can i re use the old ones or get new ones when i buy these items. thanks

scott

Hi there Scott

Depends on how much you want to spend mate? IF you dont wanna go mega-bucks then there are the ebay jobbies......ok but at the end of the day you get what you pay for.

As far as i know i think Zisco make some immense ones for £300+, obviously outstanding quality reflects in the price.

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index...._item&id=41

And i think Dave Burwash was making them......T-M developments on here as far as im aware have them.

Scout around mate theres quite a fair few de-cats and manifolds available to fit the CT9, all with different power figures, reputations for build quality..etc

As for gaskets, it depends what sort of condition they are in, and if they get damaged when your taking it all appart. My advice would to always use new gaskets whatever the job, better safe than sorry, but thats my opinion.

• 1 month later...

hi

i recently fitted a Zisco manifold and used the old gaskets and it was leaking alot so i bought new gaskets and it still leaks abit does anyone do a uprated gasket or has anyone got any ideas on what to doas it is really annoying me because it aint exacty a quick job to keep taking the manifold off?

who fitted it? when fitting the studs need doing up in a particular order otherwise there is a chance that the manifold will warp.

it kind of sounds like that might have happaned, make sure all the studs are done up tight and if it still leaks you might have to get the face of the manifold skimmed (only cost about £30-50)

If you reuse the head to Mani one it will leak. It will then warp the mani hence why

it's still blowing even with new gaskets..get it skimmed + new gasket and torque it up to 48nm!

Don't over tighten it or you'll crack the head...

cheers for the info yer i fitted it my job is a mechanic i did do the bolts up in the right order i think owell il get it skimmed and try that the guy that skims our heads should be able to do it cheap

cheers for help

• 4 months later...