most amount of power obtainable from a ct9b

Guest Enzo

could anyone have a guess or does anyone know what the highest realistic peak power would be on a ct9b with the correct breathing,fualing and cooling mods in place?

im aiming for just under 210bhp, is that a realistic figure,

im also close to purchasing this custom fourbranch manifold which should help with those last few horses.

flat0047tw.jpg

any coments or imput would be welcome

gonna be many diff. views on this subject, CT9's are at their peak at 1bar, but don't expect it to last running that for long, yes they can be run at that but it's never good to run a turbo at it's limit day in day out.

but then we can get into hybrid Ct9's which is a whole diff. subject, so in short in my opinion if you want to achive 210bhp with a std ct9b (with suporting engine mods) then you'd need a hybrid or a more tried and tested turbo like TD04, something to think about before you go buying a new manifold because you'd be wasting money if you decide to go for another turbo down the line.

& yes, turbo's are better with upgraded mani's, 4E-FTE std manifolds are quite restrictive, so the more flow you get through the turbo, then quicker it spoils....etc

therea are alot of jap tuners that hover around the 200bhp mark im just hoping this inlet mani will give me that extra with all the mods i have,

I'd reckon 200 would be obtainable -- You might be as well getting a slightly bigger turbo though, and save some hassle.

I know from under your avatar that you're response -- There's more turbo's in the world than the TD04 or even the GT25. My mates been showing me the compressor maps for the Garrett GT20, GT17 or GT15 turbo's.

They'd all provide extremely quick spool-up times (maybe even better than the CT9 -- Though I doubt anyone runs these turbo's so we'll not know) and the smallest (GT15) is rated to 220bhp which I'd say is ideally suited to your needs.

interesting ive always wanted to know what small turbos are available....

but its weard how no one has used them,

this would mean id nead another mani,

so a hybrid woyuld be my logical step after that would it not rather then shelling out on a new manifold,

do you know any cars that use the gt15?

The GT15 is rated for 1.0-1.6litre so would assume 1.3 would be perfectly suited being right in the middle! Pauls got the hardcopy catalogue from when he bought his GT3540 but I'll have a poke around the net quickly.

But yeah -- Saying that you could probably get the CT9 hybridised which (from the RR on sat I was at) can get 210bhp easy and keep your manifold etc. I'm sure the GT15 uses a T2 flange but once again :) a quick poke on the net will find that out

• 3 weeks later...

210 HP is reachable with a CT9, but cost more than a complet set with intel, exhaust mani, turbo and ECU.

If you are going with the CT9, you have to make all your parts custom. That means, intel, exhaust has to be made on free flow basic. No resistance at all. You have to get your cylinder head ported, allso on free flow basic. A more aggressive Camshaft. A very large Intercooler. And a perfect runing ECU, and maybe som high compression pistols. But it can be done.

you'd certainly be hard pushed, dave's ct9 hybrid which i wanted (before he sold it :/) was a CT12 hybrid (i think, may have been a CT20...) and apparently was rr'd at around 180bhp.

on a STOCK ct9 you'd be lucky to get much more than that, if that at all. As above they're at their limits at 1bar which is prob around the 160-180bhp region depending on other mods, so 210bhp on stock turbo internals would be quite a task (not impossible, but there are easier routes).

Yo Geo. Dont upgrade the intake manifold with the small ct9 as it wont make you gain anymore power. Swap that if thinking of going beyond 275+ bhp which is impossible with the tiny ct9. Can also get your intake port ported a bit which will help to push some more air in aswell mate :p

hey dan, thanx

im just gona experiment with that manifold to see if there are any ganes as its costing me next to nothing,

made by a reapected tuner in jamaica, spi

ws gona do a couple of dyno runs to see if there are any gains to be had mate :p

Is there any turbos that fit straight on to the origonal manifold as im thinking of getting a new mani but upgrading the turbo next year. but i dont want to buy 2 manifolds in under 1 year. also a need a turbo that could run about 250 bhp.

Well you could get a ct9 manifold and then hybridise the ct9 with a bigger compressor wheel later, might bot get you 250bhp, but pretty close.

Or just save your pennied for now and get your bigger turbo next year.