ok im in abit of a pickle, ive found some wheels i really want there 15x8 so there pretty wide so before you all grill me i was planning on having a stretch on the tyres using some 195/50/15 prada spec 2s lol ok there 4x100 but the offset is 0+ where it should be +38 so will these even fit or will these be way outside the arches and by how much?

also is it legal to have the rims outside the arches with the tires tread streched within the arch? also how streached is a 195 tire on an 8" rim

any help cheers Dean :o

you will scrub on bumps no doubt, i take it your car is on coilovers because you will have to wind those up to mate, for mot's your wheels shouldn't pretrude from the wheel arches but with that offset and a rim that wide that will stick out i reckon 3"

thanks for that fellas im gonna look into the legal part later i thought the wheels could stick outside the arch as long as the tyre tread was within the arch im going to use a 195/50/15 tyre so will be streched! im not trying to make it into no euro mobile only some phat jdm slag.

the plan is secret wheels 8j streched with 0+ offset lol :p

carbon front wings are 30mm wider

rear arches rolled and slightly flared possibly

then slammed all the way on coilovers d2s?

il stick my momo wheels on for the m.o.t,

:o

i have this vision in my head and it looks mental, i wasnt too keen on the strech but i dont mind as long as its not too ott im on a bit of a buget so was planning on some paradas for time being. theres a mk1 golf my me stunning with some crazy strech where the tyre is hardly on the rim lol

• 1 month later...

i've read into this im sure the police cant do a thing about it aslong as the tread is within the arch which is why the belgians and germans stretch the tyre so the tread stays under the arch and the wall protudes.

this is a very grey area