My MOT expries 12th August and is booked in for a test on the 5th August, my car is no doubt going to fail but we will see.

If it does fail on the 5th does that mean my car now doesnt have a valid MOT and invalidate my old MOT that expires on the 12th meaning if i drive its illegal as i dont have an MOT.

or

Will my current MOT valid till the 12th keep me MOT'ed even though ive failed one on the 5th?

Does that make sence?

Thanks

David

legally if the car fails even though you have a valid certf its void. say for instance on the 1st aug your car passes the MOT you get that all so important green piece of paper.

But then you get pulled over say for instant 2 bald tyres. legally your cars not road worthy and police can do you for not havign a valid MOT. Every car owner has the what do you call it to keep their car road worthy.

But police wont do anything as they will just porvide you a producer and you take in your valid MOT certf so all in all your okay and safe!

your car will have the mot untill the 12th, however, if the MOT station dictates that your car is not safe to be on the road, then no... but the chances of that are slim.

Hopefully that puts your mind at ease:)

CK

dude i just asked my mate who is a mot tester and he agrees with what i said. if it fails you run out of the testing bay and no1 no's any better as you still have the gree cetf! my car failed in the last 10 days but still have mot until sept 1st.

im off on hols so getting it done early