Problem Could Be Fixed

Well As some of you know, ive been having smoking problems, so tonight i thought sod it lets go and try something, so ive disconnected the pcv valve from the inlet and ive removed my oil catch tank and just got a little filter on the rocker instead, now the smoke seems to have stopped from what i could see as it was getting dark but i booted it and left her idle but seem clear now, but there seems to be a fair bit of pressure coming out of the breather pipe on the rocker cover, no smoke just if i hold my hand above it i can really feel it blowing out air? cheers guys :)

Also is it safe to run without a pcv?

it could be, sounds like it....

perhaps if you try getting the two pipes from the rocker straight to the can with a breather on top?

ud have to get the connections welded to the rocker and remove the pvc valve,, i think that would help breath alot more.....

glad you got it sorted, i now know whats caused the problem.

because of the nature of the hybrid it does increase presure within the engine, rocker cover and crankcase. this in turn will put extra pressure on the pcv valve if you dont have a sufficient rockercover breather in place.

if you read in my traders section i do recoemend that you upgrade the rocker cover breather to cope with this. the penny only dropped when you said about the pressure coming out of the breather dude.

so dont worry your headgaskets not fucked and the seals in your turbo are sound :)

Yeah im gunna test it again today, I think thats what it was though, I think ive got too much hose running to the catch can and its just not geting out fast enough and therefore going down the pcv valve instead, can i run without a pcv? and whats the best way i can set up my catch can? cheers