Hi there Guy's,

Yesterday i installed my aftermarket exhaust mani & Downpipe and ported the wastgate a bit, i bought a overhaul gasket Kit,change the seals and almost everthing, before the installation i already had problem with boosting cause when i stepped on the gas like ful trottle it boosted until 0.66bar and i had a broken gasket(the one that goes to the blackpipe to the intercooler) and when the boost lights came on all 3 went on but after a few seconds you'll see my boost dropping, but yesterday i fixed it and know it will only boost to 0.46bar and only to boost lights go on.

Could 1 of you guy's give me some advice what the problem could be?

I'm busy with a 200hp.

i got a FPR liquid filled

Aftermarket Exhaust Manifold & Downpipe

Aftermarket Racing Airfilter

Turbonetics Manual Boost Controller

Stock Turbo

Stock Catback

About to install HKS FCD

Again Could 1 of you guy's give me some advice what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance

Tha Dragon

it sounds like your standard actuater possebly, the standard ones are known to be weak

how much boost are you running? does the boost drop off?

first of all i would check that you have no air leaks,

i'd look at the standard actuator, all them new parts, get yerself a hks adjustable actuator

oh, and how come i never seen no starlets when i was on curacao lol

You were looking for them at the wrong place at the wrong time,always at night always in salinja in the weekends or threw the week.

I was about to order 1 but how much effect does that have on my stock turbo? cause i was about to order a bigger 1?

Thanks

I would definatly say get an uprated actuator. Whats happening is as the revs build the actuator cant hold the wastegate so its opening and that is why you are loosing boost. Uprated actuator will sort this for sure!

Ok,thanks for the info.

I'm going to check out if i have a leak in some of my hoses this weekend to know if that's the problem if not then i'll order a uprated actuator.

thanks for the advice guy's

You were looking for them at the wrong place at the wrong time,always at night always in salinja in the weekends or threw the week.

I was about to order 1 but how much effect does that have on my stock turbo? cause i was about to order a bigger 1?

Thanks

i was in willemstad, and around there, up at bullenbay(bullenbaai i think it is) just for a few days when my ship came in there,

i'd say get the hks actuator, there only £100, and would be the most likely cause as described there

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Finally got my HKS Actuator have it installed,

On low boost 1st and 2nd will boost to 0.5Bar and the other gears between 0.7 to 0.9 ish.

Hi Boost 1st and 2nd between 0.5 and 0.7 and the other gears 0.9 just before fuel cut.

When i tried redistrict it it will pass 1.0 and hit fuel cut.

I ordered a HKS FCD installed it next to the ECU but my car kept going Fuel Cut is there anyone that could give some advice on where to install it for better result.

Setup:

i got a FPR liquid filled

Aftermarket Exhaust Manifold & Downpipe

Aftermarket Racing Airfilter

Turbonetics Manual Boost Controller

Stock Turbo

Stock Catback

Supra Fuel Pump

MSD Coil

TRD Sparkplug Cables

Exedy Stage 1 Racing Clutch

HKS Actuator

Some advice huy's please.

Thanks in advance

Tha Dragon

theres a how to somewhere maybe its on tgtt,,,when i looked at it it shown it being installed near the map sensor (i think it was a jam fcd but they work off the same principle). have you got your fpr set up?? i wouldnt run over fuel cut otherwise. take out the hi/lo boost setting and set up your levels to 12 psi just to be safe until u can set up your fuelling.

Tried it yesterday again, installed the FCD near the ECU, check engine light goes on test drive boosting like s.....,

when i did a diagnostic test it gave me Error code 31, when i took the FCD of check engine light went of and boosted again.

What am i doing wrong guy's, i'm going to install it for the last time this saturday where the Map Sensor is located and if it doesn't work there i'll throw the damn thing away and go save for an EMB.

Thanks in advance