With looking at doing a major service on my car, i was just wondering how much of each of these fluids i would need from completely empty;

• Engine Oil
  • Gearbox Oil
  • Brake Fluid
  • Power Steering Fluid
  • Engine Coolant/Anti-Freeze
  • Window Washer Fluid

And any others if you can think of them.

engine oil - i used nearly 4 litres to get it to full

gearbox oil - used just over 2 litres

powersteering - bought a small bottle from halfrauds and i still have some left

engine coolant - used nearly all 5 litres of the big bottles

hope that helps :thumbsup:

Russell

Even if you are bleeding the whole brake system dry you won't use all that fluid,

The resevoir, master cylinder and pipes only hold a small amount. That's the same fluid for the clutch aswell, that has a seperate master cylinder and resevoir.

Once you have opened the brake fluid try and keep it as sealed as possible if you want to use it again, as it absorbs moisture in the air and isn't any better than the fluid you are taking out.

Gary

The 4E-FTE has around 3.0/3.2 litres of oil in the engine. Almost 4 litres (like Russleh) is a bit too much, not good for the engine:)

Gearbox oil (LSD, non LSD?) is a matter of filling on the front side hole (standing in front of the car). When it comes pooring out, there enough oil in the gearbox. I was told do to this method by a Toyota mechanic:)

Engine Oil - I always top mine up less than 3 litres, then slowly top it up more by checking it on the dipstick and give up when it is under the full level line.

Gearbox Oil - 2.5 litres is advised, I got about 2.4 litres in mine before it started leaking out of the bolt mentioned above, this is the best way to do it.

Brake Fluid - The whole brake system takes less than a litre from my memory. I flushed out all my old SR's system and refilled with Toyota 5.1, and still had about .3 litre left.

Power Steering Fluid - I think it is around a litre, get a litre bottom and fill to the full like and I'm sure you will have enough there.

Engine Coolant/Anti-Freeze - I've just bought a 5L coolant bottle from Toyota and have been advised that my car will use it all.

Window Washer Fluid - Just fill this one almost to the top with water, and chuck in some concentrated screenwash fluid.

Hope that helps. :thumbsup: