Caliper Carriers

Sorry to stick this here i need a quick answer.

During my rebuild with moving the car and parts during the build bits have been misplaced i've lost 1 of the caliper carriers on the front, now to ask a few q's, are the LH side and RH side interchangeable as they look it to me but on this website Carrier PNC number there is seperate pnc numbers for either side ?, so i still have 1 of the carriers left how can i be sure which side the carrier is for ?

Cheers Guys

Colin

• 3 months later...
no probs babe ^^;

Speaking of carriers.....is that the same StarletRick I lent one to in 2006 to get him home?

The car I'm referring to came for an upgrade test-fit (NOTE - we are not a garage though!), when I removed the existing Starlet one I could tell as soon as I tried to undo it that it had stripped threads (pre-existing) - amazing the caliper hadn't fallen off in all the time the guy had been driving it in fact!

The chap wanted the std one put back on but I couldn't do something that dangerous personally so I took one of the MR2 carriers from my OWN car and fitted it on condition that he replayed his duff one and posted mine back which he agreed to. (the MR2 carriers are wider by the way and easy to identify, but this also means they get iffy if fitted to EP's thinner discs when the pads are wearing).

Short version is the guy vanished and left me needing to buy another carrier for my own car after I did him a favour! :D

It's obviously not a massive issue but I thought it was a bit below the belt as I'd helped him out. But as I say, might not be you!!!

(or is this your car?) :wacko:

IMG_7291web.jpg

IMG_7294web.jpg

PWNED ;)

At least I think so, didnt know Rick had a WMS brake kit (runs off to check quickly)

EDIT- sure looks like his, same side repeaters in the same place. But he went to Levin twin pots in the end? ;)

PWNED :D

At least I think so, didnt know Rick had a WMS brake kit (runs off to check quickly)

EDIT- sure looks like his, same side repeaters in the same place. But he went to Levin twin pots in the end? ;)

Nope, "the Rick" I met didn't go for the brakes in the end (sort of vanished from memory), if he had he could have given my my carrier back! ;)

Also if you look the wheels are the same, looks like they got a respray in black...?

he didn't, he had stock, with the Levin Twinpots to go in - also, that's not Ricks' houses :D

That's outside my Dad's place, in the carpark.... :D