Ek4 Turbo-daily Drive

Hi all.

Thought I'd stick up one of me cars for all you to see. I'm keeping it very brief but all the importans bits are there :thumbsup:

This is one of the few hondas I've owned, although I equally consider myself to be a toyota man as well. I purchased it as a standard car two years ago with just over 125k on the clock, of which, the first 100k was all motorway mileage, judging by the service history. The engine was mint however and vtec hadn't even been opened up on it.

My initial aim was to make it an N/A tuned monster, so i set out to buy some goodies for it. i got it : a full exhaust system including a dc sports 4-1 manifold, lightweight cam gears, and some wild cams.

car did well for a year and never let me down. but then there was the urge for more power so i went turbo. i also ditched the old cam setup and got some skunk2 titanium cam gears and itr dc2 cams and skunk2 valve springs and retainers. and loads of other stuff i needed along the way.

here are some pics of when i bought it:

DSC00675.jpg

DSC00674-1.jpg

DSC00673.jpg

and on when the first mod: catback exhaust

DSC00672.jpg

what it looked like when it was n/a powered:

DSC01259.jpg

DSC00678-1.jpg

DSC00679-1.jpg

DSC01063.jpg

DSC01059-1.jpg

Heres some pics of it of when it went mad :D :

DSC01239.jpg

DSC01238.jpg

DSC01237.jpg

never got round to lower it to be honest :p

DSC01153-1.jpg

DSC01241.jpg

DSC01242.jpg

DSC01243.jpg

DSC01244.jpg

really nice mate luvin that, same colour as mine.

what turbo kit is on it and how much was it?

turbo kit was a basic t3/t4 turbo kit from xs power. the turbo was good for about 400bhp and ive seen them run 380bhp easily. i believe the kit is discontinued now but there are still many different variations available on the market. cost me about £700 in total, and thats with me getting the parts cheap an all.

when i had my civic i was planning on getting the greddy kit, i heard nothin but good about those, and they come with the emb

yes i know someone running a greddy turbo kit, its really good and his well chuffed with it. i plan to go for forged internals with my new build. already have bought a garrett turbo good for about 400-500bhp.

also had a d series turbo rocking standard internals. will start up another thread sometime. bought a forged engine for it and new garrett turbo etc but never got down to put it in unfortunately.

Of course its just my opinion

Its your car and its suited to you..

Love the coversion

Have a civic myself :thumbsup:

rightio. civics are quite popular in ireland aren't they, even though some people think its just the toyotas you lads are after.

Nice motor. Are all the internals and gearbox standard??

all the internals and gearbox are standard at the moment. all you need is some arp headstuds and a b16 is good for about 300bhp and more, but all is dependent on the tune. a good tune can yield high power figures, whereas, a bad tune can lead to less power gains and maybe engine failure.

• 4 weeks later...
Sleeper, nice :(

Rather a D series turbo conversion though much more suited to the boost :)

Some people are running sick power off them

did a d series turbo as well mate, and to be honest, I'd say that the b series is, by far, the better. much more torque anyway, but i have to say, the d series are fast.

i'll post some pics up :thumbsup: