Type Of Tyres And Size

Just been to the garage and i am in need of a full set of tyres which is fantastic and also means i cant go to jae.

few questions:

current readings - 205/45/16

what is the difference if i get 205/55/16 i mean in performance handling etc as they are alott cheaper

what index and speed rating should i ben getting?

and finally i need cheap but good tyres so suggestions welcome.

Please help! Cheers!

I have 55 profiles on mine and they're fine, good handling, and supose to be more comfortable than the smaller profiles, my speed ratings are 'V' i think if thats any help to you.

As for price i would probaly go the most expensive that you can afford.

Jack

In my opinion you should go for lower profiles if you can afford it, unless you really want more comfort.

Toyo Proxes T1-R are good tyres for the money apart from they wear down relatively quick due to being a soft compound.

My only advice is dont be cheap.....buy the best you can afford and go for a good all rounder wet+dry. Ive also noticed most people complain about the grip levels of certain tyres in the rain....bit odd that you choose to buy such a tyre considering we live in the UK :D

Pm liam he always gives sound advice on tyres (works with them for a living so, who would know best?)

cheers guys, im currently on toyo T1R's at the moment and they are the dogs danglies!

BUT i cant afford them really so looking at buying some cheap 15" alloys with tyres from the bay.

Cheers for the advise