Handling/steering Problem(help Asap!)

hope i can get some help with this il try explain it the best i can..

in the last few days my car has started to jerk a bit to the left if i go over a small bump/pot hole or speed ramp..and the steerings very jumpy when going over a bad road.

when turning a corner the steering seems very sluggish its just not turning like it used to it can veer to the other side of the road a bit if i dont give the wheel a good rotation..at first i thought it mite have been tyres going flat but there all ok..

could it be the tracking ? its all i can think of i never had it re done after i fitted speedlines after it was always on steelies..someone mentioned the power steering fluid but i doubt its that?

any help greatly appreciated as im going on a longish drive tomoro and would like to try get it sorted in the morning!

dont think it will be tracking but its deffo orth a shot. if its pulling you to the other side of the road and it turns out to be tracking then it ust be badly badly out.

the wheel hasnt been smacked on a curb etc has it? cause it could be a bent wheel thats causing it?

if theres any knocking then i could say wheel bearing or cv joints but you havnt mntioned knocking so all i can think of is seriously out tracking or bent wheel?

shit yeah forgot to mention track rod ends

surely ball joints would be speed dependant though and thered be serious knocking as well wouldnt there?

is there any knocking or speed dependent noise??

little bit more info might help us a bit dude

if its tracking and its pullin really badly you should be able to notice it when lookin at your wheels with the steering goin straight forward. make it so one wheel is straight and see hpw the other one sits.

Russell

true. but to get the tracking out that much surely its been smacked on a curb or banged a speed bump etc

the tracking can get knocked out a bit but unless seriously hit something hard i cant see it knocking it out that much it pulls the car harshly across the road?

there is a knocking noise on the left hand side when reversing with the wheel turned entirely and a faint knocking when driving at any speed..i was told the cv boot/joint?? was starting to take a turn for the worse but i dont know enough about cars or what it is to know what it done or if it would effect handling...is this most likely it? any idea how much to fix ?

look inder your car at the cv boots (halfway up the driveshaft) there bits of rupper. they come off/rip most of the time and this lets the cv grease out and dirt and shit into the cv joints. if it is cv joints i believe the cv joint kits are about £80-£100 mate

i honestly would not be up to that i have no knowledge of this kind of stuff il have to get a mechanic to have a look...the steering has now gone very heavy i fear the power steering has gone..its not so much a struggle to turn the wheel even at take off as some people describe having no power steering but its definitely heavier than earlier today any ideas??