Gearbox Problems I Think

ok need some help here really starting to lose interest in this car

My first gearbox lost 2nd so got another from breakers, my mate fitted this and i noticed a slight noise when sitting still with clutch out ( went away when clutch pushed in). This noise got louder over nxt 2 weeks. I thought it might of been the thrush bearing even though there was a new one fitted so had a bit of an inspection and seen that the box was leaking oil and was nearly dry :( . So swapped the box for another one and bought another thrush bearing just incase. i fitted the box, filled with oil, turned the key, and still i hear this noise. its not just as loud. Also when driving, when i start to pull away in 1st i sometimes feel through pedal and hear a pretty loud grinding noise. its fine once driving.

Can someone help me out

I can still only think 'thrush bearing' is there a certain way it has to be fitted????

Thanks Jimbob

Normally, when theres a grinding / whirring noise with the clutch up, it means the thrust release bearings running dry and had it.

thats usually why the noise goes away when you put the clutch down.

If you follow my guide on how to replace a clutch , its in the how to section , then you should be fine.

id assume the thrust bearings being a prick. did you grease it up? and check the release fork isnt damaged?

Normally, when theres a grinding / whirring noise with the clutch up, it means the thrust release bearings running dry and had it.

thats usually why the noise goes away when you put the clutch down.

If you follow my guide on how to replace a clutch , its in the how to section , then you should be fine.

id assume the thrust bearings being a prick. did you grease it up? and check the release fork isnt damaged?

Come to think of it i didn't actually grease up the bearing could that be it ????