hi there, i had a problem with my boost i.e. the boost lights was not coming on and no turbo power, i have finally got the turbo off and the blades are siezed stuck, is this because of lack of oil... if so i think if i get a new turbo it will happen again?

has anyone had this trouble before... ???

should i get a new turbo of get my one reconditioned??

you can pick them up for under £100 now, so would be cheaper to find a decent 2nd hand one,

on the blades, is there any shaft play? only reason i could think of the blades not rotating, would be that the bearings have failed, wether to lack of oil, or what,

do you let the car warm up properly before driving it and then let it cool down before turning it off?

only reason im asking is if you start your car up then rag the shit out of it straight away then turn it off when its red hot the turbos just going to be absolutely shagged

always let a turo car warm up before going on boost and cool down properly after, which is what turbo timers do lol

could have been matey but i wouldnt say one time would have done that. was your oil levels ok that might have done it or it could just have been a knackered turbo lol you got to think the glanzas are ten years old now and even the gt's are worse there 15 plus years old

the turbo's are built to last but they wont last forever mate could simply be a worn out bearing thats caused this lol