Did Doing This Kill My Turbo?

Fitted my 3rd turbo today due to the other two being smokers, was told this one didnt smoke.

Fitting went well nice and easy no troubles just forgot to tighten one very important bolt.

The big 19mm oil feed bolt. Cranked the car for a few seconds with the efi fuse out to hopefuly put some oil in the bine.

Started the car for maybe 10 seconds before i realised it was pissing oil everywhere, rather confised rushed to turn the fucker off, then realised i didnt remeber tightening that bolt.

Could this have killed the turbo as it smokes now as soon as the car is warm and and i let it idle, way way worse than the other two. Is 10 secs with no oil on idle enough to kill the seals. Im pretty certain its the turbo and nothing else as i can see oil seeping out of the compressor where it joins the fmic piping.

Looks like im going to have to fit the first ct9 as it smokes the least and get the K1 sorted. On a positive note my rear demister has started working after a year of doing nothing.

shouldn't do, 10 seconds isnt enough even with the turbo spinning on full whack in my opinion to damage it, there still would be oil residue from before or either way there would have been enough lubrication for it to run 10 seconds without damage for sure.

and if it was then smoking sounds like you got given a shitter of a tubby.

Cheers, there was a slight oil flim in the outlet pipe before i fitted it made me think it may be a shitter. It was very cheap this bine and for all i know the guy i got it off could have run with a cat which hides all the smoke anyway. Do it cheap do it twice. Correct in this case.

yep lesson learned mate lol

if your going to buy a turbo see it on the car first i would cause you can never tell for sure unless seeing it running lol

if not i would buy a new one. atleast you know with new theres nothing wrong with it lol

As i said before it was very cheap but defo lesson learned, its such a ball ache swapping the turbo again. Im going to put my first ct9 on that came with the car, that smokes but only now and again and a lot less compared to the other two. Then im going to get the K1 sorted so i will get there in the end lol.

if they're all smoking, you sure it aint the engine? valve stem seals etc?

if the turbos burning oil it'll be blue smoke, if it's white smoke then it's not necessarily the turbo, as starlets usually puff white when the valve stem seals are fecked.

to be honest, mine used to smoke white occasionally after i fitted the decat, which was pretty normal. never got any worse so i didnt worry, and i've seen many starlets do the same. if the turbo is ruined then it'll usually be pissing out blue smoke and burning oil, white smoke doesn't mean burning oil.

Yeah im going to put my first ct9 on saturday as that smokes the least out of the 3 and get the K1's seals done whilst its off. Im going to clean ou the oil feed / return as ive been told if this gets blocked it can raise pressure in the bine pushing the seals out. But to be honest i think ive just been unlucky.